Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sunscreens

Thanks

yes it says oil free right on the back
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

thanks for that i will get on to that web site

i am the same mate before i was diagnosed there probably wasn't a day spent out of the sun doing all sorts of stuff. it took a while and alot of different dotors to diaganose me also had mis diagnosed problems which now i am quite pissed at cause i sold my property and stuff i after a year problems where still there. i seriously think i have had lupus for quite a while and the amount of sun i have exposed myself to is alot but in the passed few years photosensitivity has become a majour issue. symptoms are starting to get heavier and i think my body is really telling me that i have abused my body in the last 20 years. i know i am getting older and some might be contributing to age etc but it is getting harder (as you all know)

i really miss going fishing in the day time, i restrict myself to night fishing and work when i can in the yard etc.

thanks again

shane

Thanks

maybe this sunscreen will you maitain in the shade while fishin, i hear theres lots of gold nuggets found on the ground in austrailia, i would like to get my hands on a few of those :grab:
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

i dont know how true that is (maybe in it day it may have been like that) but we live not that far from a old gold mining town called Gympie (now it is a historic sort of place ,no mining happens but alot of abandoned mine shafts are still around today) , i have always wanted to do a bit of prospecting, i recon i would do ok.
    One day i will go out to a town called Emerald, you can go there, purchase a mining licence and dig (all old school stuff) for opals and people do quite well out of it, i have a mate i work with his brother done it and one of the days he was there a young girl only meter or two from him found one sitting on the ground, it was quite a large one once they cleaned it up they relised it was a rare colour and was worth around $1800.
    what else do you do with you spare time? i think i read on your profile you do a bit of hunting, if thats correct what sort of hunting do you do?
    And if you fish do you live near the coast do salt water fishing or do you fresh water fish.

i tried to get some on that sunscreen online but it appears it is only found on web site realated to america etc, tried australian one they don't seem to have it so my next step is to go out to dermotology skin care shop and ask if they can get hold of it.if i have no luck there i have friens going overseas soon i will see if they can get it and send it to me?i will just keep trying.

shane

Thanks

What is the main "blocking agent" in this sunscreen? My derm told me to look for things with zinc or titanium dioxide as they offer total protection from all rays. I was going to go out to get some of this today but need to know what is used in it first. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks

Default huntin and fishin

well now (i know im gonna hear about this) i hunt for them big brown eyed creatures called deer, and those big fluffy cuddly ones called bear,
    mostly i fish for trout, or catfish, i do li like to ocean fish, but i noticed several years ago for some reason i developed seasickness, this was never a problem before, i spent a long time aboard a ship in the navy, i would bet it has something to do with lupus, hey if you pm me with an address ill send you a couple of tubes of suncreen, i hope they make the flight :snipersmile:

ive been opal huntin when i was a kid with my parents, ive got two big jars of opals on the shelf, in water (be sure and keep any you find in water) ive heard aussie opals are the best, so if you find some we can trade for some pure virgin valley opals out of nevada :scatter:
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camyskitties
    Is the Neutrogena 70+ sunscreen that you all are talking about oil free?
    ok Janet, i know the term YOU ALL isnt used in NC :rofl:
    i spent four years in that neck of the woods and still cant help myself from say Y'ALL :lol:

you can find out about it at www.neutrogena.com
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

the two main blocking agents are Avobenzone and Oxybenzone, the first protects against the UVA rays, the second against UVB rays. This sunscreen also has helioplex which prevents the Avobenzone and Oxybenzone from breaking down through the day and losing it effectiveness both the Avobenzone and Oxybenzone are FDA aproved sunscreens in their own right ant they are combined together into one in this product. You can get on the neutrogena website... www.neutrogena.com and they have lots of info on this product. I hope this helps! Good Luck!

Thanks

hi ruth, sounds like we need to hit up neutrogena for a paycheck for advertising, its good stuff i agree :halfrobot: i have my wife apply it to the back of my neck, i have to make sure she doesnt make crazy designs that show up later in the form of the suntan
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

teriod, hopefully your wife isn't making designs in your neck...that wouldn't be nice, funny, but not nice. Anwyay I say we go 50/50 on our advertising deal with neutrogena. Happy fishing....I usually go for trout or catfish