Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sunscreens

Thanks

have not done to much hubting, when i was younger i use to go for feral pigs, roo's and rabbits, as i say have not done to much.

fishing though is another story, i have down heaps off over the years, i chase anything local at the right time of the year in saltwater, done a little freshwater fishing in dams around here but had no luck, mates of mine pull large yellowbelly around 2-3kg and some big bass. favorite fish at the to catch are big flathead, good eating and really good sport fish on light line.otherwise always chasing bream,whiting,snapper,mangrove jack,cod,and mud and sand crabs.

also love camping and four wheel driving, but in the last year we sold our 4wd and we have not done much camping, favoured past time event i supose.

thanks for the offer about the sunscreen but i will see how i go locally first if i don't succeed i will gladly take up your offer.

do you live in a real built up area or out on property?

shane

Thanks

i own about an acre in the suburbs of sacramento ca, close to the mountains, about two hrs from the ocean, and about two hrs from lake tahoe, ya idont get out huntin much either anymore, jeepin and camping are just about all i can muster on a good day as long as i plan it well, im lookin into some serious tinted windows for my jeep, there are laws against tinting in CA but with a prescription ill be good to go :changes:
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

Ok - I like Nutrogena, too.......but I'll also recommend Clinique City-block. I'm using SPF 40 right now. It's great for the face. My sister uses it, too. I tend to break out on my face from some sunscreens, even if they are oil-free, but this one is great.
    Missy

Thanks

Hey Shane,

Im also a fellow aussie, and we actually do have sunscreen to spf 70+ so on and so forth, the reason why you dont see it on the bottle is with our laws and such legally they can only put upto spf 30+ on the bottle due to our harsher sun, if you find out the exact name of the Nutrogena sunscreen you might find its called the same here just with a different rating, its crazy that they cant say its higher but ohh well companies like to make things diffecult :roll:

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Tash

Thanks

Thank you tash, i went to see a dermotology shop and the lady behind the desk said a similar thing, do you know why this is? the sunscreen i am wearing probably is stronger the 30+ then. what one do you use?
    thanks missy as well i will look out for that one as well, i think my best bet is to just try different ones and see which one works better.
    teroid i use to have 30 acres and it was great but i have down sized to just a average town size block. i moved from this block because doctors said a had majour allergies to heaps of stuff and it was causing the rash on my face, well guess what they were wrong! so i should not of sold up even know the sun factor would of eventually came out but that is beside the point.

Thanks

Hey Shane,

No im not sure exactly, i cant even remember where i read it lol i think it was on the back of a sunscreen bottle or on a pamphlet.

I have been lucky and dont have a really really bad reaction to the sun....atleast i havent yet. But i still use sunscreen every day.

I use a Nutrimetics sunscreen, i have been tolld by a friend who has lupus and gets the buterfly rash that nutri rich oil gets rid of her rash, and the sunscreen has the same appricot formula in it as the sunscreen so i figure if i use it i shouldnt ever get a rash lo :lol: well i hope so any way