Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Thanks

Default Oprah

I received this email from the IL Lupus Foundation and I thought I would share it with all of you. Maybe if we inundate Oprah with emails she'll do a show for us.

Email Oprah
    Lupus Foundation of America,
    Illinois Chapter
    Wants Oprah's Attention!

Seen in 146 countries, The Oprah Winfrey Show reaches millions of people around the world! Obviously, having lupus featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show would educate millions about this greatly misunderstood disease.

Help us get The Oprah Winfrey Show's attention by emailing her show!

Follow these 3 steps:

Step 1:

Click on the link: http://www2.oprah.com/email/reach/email_showideas.jhtml

Step 2:

Complete the e-form!

Step 3:

Cut and paste the suggested text below (BE SURE TO PERSONALIZE YOUR STORY IN THE DESIGNATED SECTION)! Keep your email brief, the section only accommodates 2000 characters!

email mary@lupusil.org and let us know if you forwarded a lupus message on to Oprah! We'll let you know when we hear back.

Suggested Text:

Dear Oprah,

Thank you for continuing to educate the world about important issues. I’m writing today to ask you to feature lupus, the chronic, often disabling auto-immune disease, on your program.

Lupus is an often misunderstood disease – even Dr. Phil didn’t understand the severity of the disease when he said on his March 5th show, that lupus was “not life threatening” and “easily controlled.”

The truth is, lupus is difficult to diagnose, difficult to treat and can be life threatening. 90% of the cases are women and of those, African America, Hispanic/Latino and Native Americans are at greater risk. There’s no known cause, no test, no cure.

This disease devastates those living with lupus and the family and friends of those individuals. I know, my life has been impacted by lupus. [PERSONALIZE YOUR STORY HERE!]

Please help us increase awareness of lupus by featuring it on the Oprah Show.

Thank you for your consideration.

© 2007 Lupus Foundation of America, Illinois Chapter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This email was sent by Lupus Foundation of America, Illinois Chapter, 20 E. Jackson Blvd., #1150, Chicago, IL 60604 , using Express Email Marketing. You subscribed to this permission-based list on 1/30/2007.

Express Email Marketing supports permission-based email marketing. You can change your preferences or unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh, I will ABSOLUTELY send the e-mail!!

Thanks

I sent mine!!
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

I have often thought about doing it, just never took the time but now I have.

Thanks

sent mine!! actually,i sent one when i was first diagnosed in 04.

Thanks

WHAT A GREAT IDEA ! I will send in mine to Oprah AND DR. PHIL !!

Thanks for taking the initiative - bravo !!!

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

about ten days ago i sent an email to Oprah, today i recieved an email from the Oprah show, the subject read, would like to visit Oprah in Chicago all exspenses paid, unfornunatly it was in my bulk mail and in my haste i deleted before i could open it, has anyone else recieved a reply to their emails????
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

hey teriod!! go to your 'deleted items' folder QUICK!!!!! nope, i havent gotten one of those emails.

Thanks

too freakin late i tried that, tried every thing, no go, i sent another email to the Oprah website to try and get verification

man i hope i didnt blow this off, Oprah's one of the few celebrities i have respect for
    Fair Oaks California

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've just sent mine, however, to all fellow saouth africa lupies and all other lupies for that matter could we please try and do it for the sabc3talk show, A talk show that airs during the week.

the shows name is 3talk.

Pleaseee
    I intend to live forever, so far so good