Thread: Possible Lupus Patient - Please Reply

Thanks

Default Possible Lupus Patient - Please Reply

I am 22 years old, female. I went to the dermatologist yesterday for him to look at some indentions (scar like) on my cheeks that just appeared a few years ago out of no where. The Dr. was curious and then started looking at my fingertips under a light... he said I had lots of broken blood vessels around my nail beds and he wanted me to go have a blood test done immediately that he suspects I have Lupus. I immediately went into freak-out mode because I donít really know anything about Lupus. As I looked at the symptoms on the web I noticed that I do have many of them... about 4 years ago I began noticing that my hair was falling out, my vision became suddenly bad (no problems before), I was always tired and my shoulders always hurt. Past blood tests have shown low white blood counts but my doctors have never thought there was anything to it. I also have sensitivity to light (in my eyes) and they tend to water a lot. Also, a lot of times when I wake up my face is very swollen but that subsides after about 2 hours. I break out in hives a lot but no rashes anywhere and I experience dizzy spells frequently. I have been sick with a cold or tonsillitis about 5 or 6 times since last August (8 month span) and my cough just wonít really go away. I am getting the results of the blood test back tomorrow and I guess I am just curious if anyone diagnosed with Lupus shares any of my symptoms. Thanks and God bless!Rachel

Thanks

Hi Rachael,

I too have the rash on my face. I have had hair loss, the joint pain, light sensitivity, and other little things not too bothersome that could have been something else and not lupus. But that is how lupus is..you never know what you will have next or when. Don't let it frighten you though. Everyone here is very informative and supportive. Let us know about your bloodwork as soon as you know something.

Thanks

Thank you so much. I will post something as soon as I know

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Rachel;
    As you will learn, one of the frustrating things about Lupus is that it never affects any of us in the same way. However, all of your symptoms sound like symptoms that we have suffered from. Like you, many of us have come to learn that we suffered from these symptoms for years prior to our diagnosis. Fortunately, for you, you found a doctor who immediately recognized your symptoms, took them seriously and decided to act upon them right away. Many of us had to go through years of being told that we were hypochondriacs or that our symptoms were all in our heads, or years of fighting with doctors to get them to take us seriously, before we finally got a diagnosis. Hopefully, with your early recognition of symptoms and tests, you will be able to begin treatment early and get a handle on your symptoms. Please let us know what your blood tests indicate. Also, if you have any questions, concerns, fears or anxieties, feel free to come here and share with us. There will always be someone hear to provide information, support, comfort and understanding!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Hope all will be well

I've had Lupus (SLE) for almost 15 years now (I'm 30). It was an excruciating 3 years until a diagnosis was made . . . by of all people my brother-in-law who is a medical technologist! I can't say the road was an easy one and still is a bit bumpy now. I currently have a rash on my face as well and I refuse at this point to go back on to prednisone - though at times it's a fast solution for most Lupus problems - inflamation, hives, etc. Please let me know if there is any information that I can provide. Good luck with the lab work and hopefully there is an answer in ther esomewhere! Prayers are with you!

Thanks

Rachel

Hi I am a newbie too so I may not be that much of help, But I have dizzy spells on a weekly, sometimes daily basis. I am very sensitive to sunlight in my eyes, I have fatigue and visual disturbances as well. My bloodwork ANA came back positive both times and I have low proteins in my blood and very low potassium?! Anyway, I don't have a clear diagnosis yet but we are working on one. I am basically just waitning on Dr. appts to see what is around the corner for me. I went to give more blood again today. I am curous as to what my labs entail. Please let us know as soon as you find out and I will do the same!

Much Love
    Ashley
    Ashley
    30 years old, possible Lupus

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle~

Thanks

Default Potassium

Hope today is finding ya'll well

Well my blood work came back, my potassium is back to normal for now. I am going to continue to take my supplement for that. My ANA is higher than last time though nd my C3 and C4 complements are low. So I don't know what all this means for me.. Kinda scared but relieved to be moving in a direction after all these yrs of symptoms that no one could figure out!

Love :P
    Ashley
    Ashley
    30 years old, possible Lupus

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle~