Thread: Another New Member

Thanks

Default Another New Member

Well I am another new member. I have been diagnosed with lupus for a little over a year now, but have had the symptoms for probably 6 or 7 years. I am still learning what all of this entails. Any advice on how to handle those rotten flares would be fabulous....I am doing yoga and watching what I eat and that seems to help some, I feel like a pill popper with all of my medications. Does anyone else have any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Hi, Ruth, and welcome. We're very glad you found us.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Ruth :lol:
    Welcome to our family. I would say that what you are doing is pretty much the right thing to do. Make sure that you avoid sun exposure, do not over-exert yourself, and take recuperative rest periods.
    I think that we all can identify with being "pill-poppers", but for most of us it is a necessary evil if we want to manage this disease and avoid flares. You are not alone :lol:

Again...Welcome
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Ruth1980!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm really glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Why don't you search for the post entitled: "Feel Like a Pill-Popper, Anyone?" You will find loads of people who feel exactly like you do!

Keep well!

Thanks

Thanks so much for all the kind words & encouragement. I am so grateful to find a site like this where I can get so much support. I am still learning about lupus I'd never really heard about it untill a year ago. I am looking foward to getting to know all of you