Thread: neck

Thanks

Default neck

hi!
    I have lupus too....I am taking these meds prednisone and cellcept I dont know if what I am feeling is still lupus or side effects of meds. My back neck always hurt and I felt like I will be choke...I feel that my neck will be tighten when I bend or work or talk too long.....who have same experience of this...?

luppy

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Luppy28;
    Lupus can cause neck and back pain because muscles can become inflamed by lupus. Also, anyone with one condition where the immune defence mechanism attacks the body (like Lupus) is prone to another one. 1 in 10 patients with lupus suffer thyroid problems. This is where the body attacks the thyroid gland that controls the body's metabolism. The thyroid gland can either become underactive or overactive. If the gland is overactive, it can cause sweating, anxiety, shaking, heart pounding and weight loss, if underactive the skin becomes dry, weight gain is a problem and you can slow down mentally. Sometimes the thyroid gland (which is found at the front of the neck) can become swollen and may cause pain or difficulty swallowing. A thyroid problem is easily detected with a simple blood test. It is also quite easily treated.
    I would suggest that you discuss your symptoms with your doctor to determine exactly what is causing the issues in your neck. Let us know what you find out!
    Best Of Luck
    Saysusie