Thread: glad found this site

Thanks

Default glad found this site

Hello everyone,

I am glad I found this site...where you can ask questions and share thoughts about lupus. I just started my medications about a month and half ago. Do you guys have lupus take meds also like prednisone? Me I am taking 5 pills-50 mgs. at first then it goes down to 2 each day. This meds really get me crazy of its own and lots side effects. One of those main are insomnia and I will get severe palpitation. Don't know you guys if you get thesame. Hope someone could reply this email I have...

Have a great day everyone....

Thanks

Hi, luppy, and welcome. Yes, a lot of us have side effects from the prednisone. I hope your doctor will be able to reduce your dose soon so the side effects won't be so bad.

Thanks

Hi Luppy28!

Welcome to the Forum!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I sincerely hope that reducing your Prednisone dosage will take away, or at least improve, your side-effects!

Keep well!

Thanks

Hi Luppy28

I am new to this board and to Lupus too! I have taken Predisone before for iritis and it made me hyped up too. It got better when the dosage lowered. make sure you tell your doc about the heart palpitations and your anxiety. They might be able to reduce your dose or give you a short rx for xanex to help with the edgy/insomnia issues.
    Hang in there sweetie.
    You may only be one person to the world,
    But you may also be the world to one person.