Hey Brian;
Sorry I'm so late in saying welcome...I've been in a really bad flare for several weeks now, but doing a little better now!!
You are living proof that, when men develop lupus, it hits them with full force. I do hope that you are no longer working with that carpet cleaning company and, if not, that you somehow made the owner aware of his ignorance!!
I am happy to hear that you are slowly starting to do better and that you no longer have to deal with dialysis!! Congratulations on your new apartment, I know that must mean a lot to you. I am praying for you and hoping that you are able to find a job (believe me, I know how hard it is for a young black man to find a decent job..my son is still struggling with that himself!). You sound like a skilled, intelligent and hard-working man, so I know that something will come through for you. Keep your head up!
I am so happy that you are here to share with us. Our moderator, James, is generally our male point-of-view on most issues, but he is very sick right now and we miss him terribly. We are all here to help you, to listen, to give you answers, information, comfort and support! You are not alone!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie