Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swollen and sore lymph node?

Thanks

Default swollen and sore lymph node?

Yesterday, I woke with a swollen/sore lymph node in my right pelvis (where my thigh meets my hipbone, in the front.) the thing is, I have nothing wrong with that side of my body. Sure, my right leg is sore (the one with the rod) but not overly so. I am also running a low grade (between 99 and 100 degree temp.)...also odd...my tongue is sore. I have a call into my doc's office, as I am taking methotrexate, but whatever can this be? And should I be concerned? This is the LAST thing I need this week, as we are packing up to move next weekend. Thanks--Kathy

Thanks

hi there! this happens to me all the time. usually for me, it means that i've got something going on, so if it doesnt clear up in a day or so, i call my doc because your lypmphs are your body's first line of defense against infections and such you know. so it's doing its job by fight it off. however, if it doesnt clear up in another day, or it gets worse, i thnk you should call your doctor.

hope you feel better

Thanks

I suometimes get sore lymph nodes, too, usually in my armpits. The pain doesn't last too long for me, though. My Rheumy said there are some people with Lupus that get this, called adenopathy. I think if you have other symptoms, it's always worth a phone call to the nurse.

Hope you feel better! I know you were just really starting to feel better, too!
    Missy

Thanks

Hi!

I have had a swollen lymph node in the back of my neck on the right side, just under the place where my hair starts growing, since September last year and it will NOT go away! I had a Glandular Fever-type virus in September last year and was extremely ill, but tested negative for E.B.V. twice and negative for C.M.V. (Cytomegalovirus), as well. They still don't know what was wrong, but I broke out in the weirdest rash the doctors have ever seen and even the Dermatologist had absolutely no clue what it was! :? They just knew that it was some very, very odd virus, which made me very ill. I was absent from school for two weeks (which is practically unheard of for me) and could hardly lift my body up from the bed, I was so weak.

I hope that your swollen lymph node goes back to normal soon, Littlered. Have you spoken to your doctor about it yet? Perhaps it would be a good idea, especially since your tongue is sore and you have a temperature, as well.

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Lymph nodes help fight disease. They can get swollen if your sick; in one way or another. They also get sick if your body chemicals and nutrients are out of whack. I'm sure there are other reasons too.

Thanks

I have swollen lymph nodes above my collar bone right now they were only on the left until recently now they are on both sides..I have a doctors appt. today and I will ask him what in the world is going on...my neck looks like I lift weights now and its all swollen and icky looking..I hate this disease! I HATE IT!

Thanks

I went in to see my doc...Believe it or not, this is an upper respiratory infection. I am so used to being short of breath that I didn't notice! He gave me some antibiotics and and an antihistamine/decongestant. The sore tounge he said was sometimes typical for methotrexate (hadn't heard that before,) I am feeling better now, no fever, and the lymph node is still a bit sore but not so bad now. I am doing so much better now; still have one bad day of the week after taking methotrexate, but not NEARLY as bad as it used to be. I have an appointment for the end of May; doc and I are both hoping I will be in official remission then.
    Love, Kathy

Thanks

Kathy, I'm so glad they found out what was happening with you. I recently had something similar - thought I had pneumonia, but it wasn't. Scared the *&#@ out of me, I must say! Got a handle on it with meds and it finally went away (6 weeks, though.) Hope you're feeling better soon. Remission...the big "R" word...WOW. That would be so great after all you've gone though these many months. Keep us posted. Hugs and prayers coming your way....

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Kathy -

I've never been on methotrexate, but aren't there some weird side effects to our medications? A sore tongue? I never would have thought of that being a side effect!! I'm not sure I've ever had a sore tongue except when I"ve burned it. Medications...........
    Missy

Thanks

Hi Littlered!

I'm so glad to hear that you went to see your doctor and that you are feeling so much better now! I will continue to pray for you and sincerely hope that you feel 100% better soon!

Keep well and God bless!