Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: have u all heard of LONG WAVE UVA THERAPY??

Thanks

Sorry to ask so many questions. I know some of you own the sauna's, but do any of you go to a salon that has these particular sauna's? how common are they with salons?

I'm just curious, because i'm a student and I don't really have the money nor the room for one of these, so i'm just wondering if maybe I could go to some sort of clinic or salon. Thanks.

Thanks

Hi Karen,
    It's good that you found a salon with the Far-Infrared. I don't know about "programmes" for sauna use, except that regular use is advised. I will look into it--I did read somewhere that you should start slow, and work your way up to the hour long session. And once a day is what they recommend (although I have been tempted to go in twice).
    Are you feeling better now?

A note on me: I have been running a fever since September, and just these past two days it's gone down (not totally gone, but only about one degree high instead of 3 or more). My swelling has decreased, and I am sleeping even better than before. And a superficial side note, the laugh lines in my face are GONE. My skin looks heathy--and even my stretch marks on my legs are decreasing. Bruising is healing faster (they used to take months to go away, now they subside in about a week--subside, not gone, but not still getting bigger ) and age spots are disappearing. I really believe all of these things are attributed to the sauna use. I did skip a day last week (Prom day for daughter) and felt the pain the next day... so for me, daily use seems important.

There are naturopaths online that have some sauna information. I'll try to find some sort of plan for detox. There are detox facilities that use the Far-Infrared saunas as part of their detox program, too... I think they advise daily use.

Sary, I know that there are sauna facilities out there, but I live in a small town and we have nothing like this. (Although with the success I have been having, I am considering opening one.) Maybe chiropractor offices? Naturopath doctors' offices? Even tanning salons might have something like this. Oh, and high end hotels or spas might, too.

Have a great day,
    Kristin

Thanks

Thanks Kristin
    That is helpful info. I think that if I proceed I should buy a bulk pass to use the sauna. Its about $30 for 30 minutes....a bit steep but worth it if it helps.
    My mini flare seems to have subsided. I am really curious about how I would feel if I used it every day. I am so glad you are having success. As for the superficial stuff, why not, sounds all good to me. I have bruises that last forever....extra vitamin C helps that too.
    A quick note about me....I seem to have ups and downs in the same day with maybe one or 2 days a month that are virtually symptom free. I think I have gotten used to the cycle of it. And I find that I can be in agony at 11am and perfectly fine at 3pm. Is this your experience? I find it easier to get through knowing that everything can change in a jiffy (although that goes both ways).
    That is great news about your fever, maybe your whole system will calm down. Thanks again Kristin. This is such a great resource for us.
    take care
    Karen

Thanks

hi guys!

sorry for just getting back to you all! i somehow got myself into doing my ladybus daisy girl scout troop scrapbook and i've been scrappin and flarin all week :lol: so needless to say, i haven't had a chance to further check
    into the sauna.
    anyway, i'm glad that you two (kristin and karen) are gettin some relief. sary, i hope you are able to get the info you're looking for. i hope it is something you can go to a salon and get.

hey kristin, do you know if we could just get the panels? i was thinking, for myself and sari too, that maybe they're something we can take to a salon. maybe not though as i think about it now.....

be well

Thanks

An update: I skipped the sauna for a day and boy--my knuckles swelled up, my muscles hurt, and I remembered how bad I felt before... ack.
    Then the next day, I had a major cardiac event--meaning my blood pressure dropped and I passed out... this is unrelated to the sauna, but I wonder if it's the vasculitis in the cardiac system again (and perhaps the flare up that I experienced with the joints due to NOT using the sauna also was flaring up the vasculitis)... 2 years ago, the doctors came to the conclusion that the major arteries and vessels were swelling up and causing a sort of heart failure and dropped ejection fraction in my heart. So, for the past 3 days I have not been able to go in (I promised my cardiologist that I'd have no sudden temperature changes when my heart is acting up), and my joints hurt, muscles hurt, etc--in spades.
    I am trying to figure out how to balance this. I mean, how do I get "back"? I suppose time will tell.

For 30 bucks for 30 minutes, you'd pay off a sauna in your home in a year or less--so if you find that this works, you might want to consider buying one. It's much more convenient (you can shower right there, you can schedule whenever you want, etc). They don't use much electricity, either. Call Ian (the really great guy that sold me mine) at Sunlight Saunas... tell him Kristin McAllister sent you... he gave me a really great deal.

I don't know what you'd do with the panels and not a sauna... you'd have to build the unit yourself--and I priced that--it was cheaper to buy one prefab... Cedar (especially clear cedar) is hard to find and expensive.

I am chomping at the bit to get back into mine. Maybe tonight I'll try for just 20 minutes or so.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
    --Kristin

P.S. I just looked at their site, and the saunas are another 200 bucks off... so you might get an even better deal than I did.

Thanks

hi kristen. sorry you're flaring. i know the feeling! i have vasculitis too as i said before and it's frustratingn an dpainful. im fighting a flare too. same as you, my joints are hurting as well as my muscles. i thnk the vasculitis makes my muscles hurt and ache.

feel better