Thread: Count Your Blessings!

Thanks

Default Count Your Blessings!

I went to the doctor yesterday and he did the bloodwork. My ANA is down from 70 to 17!! My white blood and platelets are great! He told me to take half of the methotrexate (from 12.5 to 6) and has prescribed Zofran or something like that for nausea. I see him in a month and I feel certain I will be in the single digits!
    You know, I think about all the blessings that have been brought since my Lupus went nuclear in August.
    1. My daughter, who had been estranged to me for years, came down to help take care of me. Getting back and reconnecting and meeting each other anew, without guilt or resentment, is wonderful. I adore her.
    2. We are going to move the end of this month into a beautiful new rental home. When we finally stopped trying to hang onto it, BANG God provided us exactly what we need. We are selling this house back to the mortgage company. This house has ISSUES...it was like God was telling us to get out. I keep expecting a plague of locusts or something!
    3. My darling husband--I knew he loved me, but the hard times really proved to me how very much he loves me. He is a PRINCE. His contract comes up for renewal at the end of May, and he is the company "golden boy" with the largest and nicest school for this company. And he is still bringing in kids who want to work and graduate.
    4. I am having more "good days" and am slowly building up my strength. since my gift is teaching, when I am able I am going to be teaching Sunday School for 3rd and 4th graders--my FAVORITE age, because those years are so pivotal and vital. And my classes will be (hopefully) insightful and FUN. It's a way for me to be useful, and not wasting God's gifts to me.
    5. I found this place. A wonderful group of people full of knowlege and advice and who REALLY understand and care!You all are my second family!
    I could go on and on, and I'm sorry that this is so long. But I feel exhiliarated and hopeful for the first time in a LONG time. Do any of you have blessings to share? Please do. Counting your own blessings, or hearing someone else's blessings is good medicine!
    Love, Kathy

Thanks

Hi Kathy!

I'm so glad that you are doing better! It sounds like things are really starting to go your way. I'm so happy for you!
    Missy

Thanks

BRAVO LITTLERED !!!

Wow, you raised my spirits today friend!! As a believer in God and all the people and events He places in our lives for our benefit is of no small feat. We serve a loving God that knows what we need and who can help us heal our hurts.

I am so encouraged to hear you so upbeat, and you GOTTA be excited about your reunion with your daughter.....please, please keep her close to you Lirrlered - sometimes the second chance is the last chance. Hold her close, and keep her in your life. You need her, but more imporantly she needs you !!!!!

What a blessing that God sends you a prince for a husband, girlfriend - you are BLESSED....and it's nice to see that you know it and are so grateful.

I will keep you in my prayers that you will continue to be feeling stronger and better everyday.

Thanks for the good news.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

Littlered
    I am so happy for you. It is so great that things are turning around in so many ways. Sometimes I think I would be the happiest girl in the world if I just had a little break from the constant symptoms. But I am trying (like you) to be grateful for what I have....and I am.
    1) wonderful husband
    2) 2 beautiful boys - ages 3 and 5
    3) great parents and sister
    4) lots of wonderful, fun, caring friends.

Life is good....time to celebrate.
    all the best
    Karen

Thanks

I'm so glad for you, Kathy! Thanks for sharing your 'blessings' - it's always so great to hear good news. It's a message of hope for everyone. Teaching Sunday school for that age group should be so much fun. I taught middle school kids in my church years ago - that was a bit of a challenge, I must say! I think you've got a better deal.

My blessings? My husband is so supportive; my granddaughter is such a tender hearted (but strong!) little lady; it's Spring; and my blood tests were all within normal range this month - for the first time in 11 months!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hi Littlered!

I am SO glad to hear that you are doing so well!

My mother also teaches Sunday School, but to Grade Fives! Good luck with the teaching and most importantly, ENJOY it! I'm sure that the kids will simply adore you!

Keep well and God bless!

P.S. I hope that your new home doesn't have any rats in it! :lol:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Littlered :lol:
    I am so happy to hear all of your wonderful news: New home, wonderful husband, regaining health, wonderful children, teaching Sunday School and re-connecting with your daughter. Yes, you are truly blessed and you have blessed all of us by sharing your wonderful news.
    I know that your blessings will continue...you deserve no less!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

YIPPY, YAY, YAY!! GO KATHY GO!!

i am SO happy for you :!: sit still, close your eyes, and ..... breathe! mmm, life, joy. it feels GREAT!

i was so sad/angry today, and ready to rant, but i just cant now. not the way i was. you have made my day/night/nex day kathy.

bless you, your daughter (hold on to her close, dont let go!! work whatever out!), and your family dearie!

be well