Thread: Could some of you share about food triggers?

Thanks

Default Could some of you share about food triggers?

Hi,

I'm still in a full blown 9 nine month flare. The other day I actually had a pretty good day...just a little pain. I ate my dinner (which was an entree from nutrisystem so it had many ingrediants) and thirty minutes later I was in incredible pain....I know I've read that certain foods can trigger a relapse so I was wondering if some of you could share what foods you've learned do it to you.

While I know everyone is different, I just need a place to start looking since I am so new to this.

Thanks,
    Cathy

Thanks

for me it is dairy, red meats, nuts, tomatoes, sugar and caffine

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

My food triggers are almost identical to Mzbeanz: Dairy, Red Meats, Sprouts, and Legumes!!

Saysusie

Thanks

If you're having such strong reactions to foods, it might be worth looking into exploring food allergies/sensitivities....keeping a food journal..........elimination diet........

just some ideas!
    Missy

Thanks

For me, it's not so much individual foods as additives like colorings or preservatives - MSG, yellow food dyes, nitrates, etc. So I have trouble with a lot of the pre-packaged foods because they have so many preservatives. I eat a mostly vegan diet - no dairy, meat, etc. but I do avoid most nightshade plants (potatoes, tomatoes, etc.) and all sprouts. Alfalfa sprouts and alfalfa products are known to trigger lupus flares, so that is something you definitely want to avoid.