Thread: hello

Thanks

Default hello

i am new to this whole thing on the internet and i am not very good at explaing myself, but i am in my late 30's and was diagnosed with sle at the age of 10. i had all the symptoms and have been going to the greatest dr in nyc at columbia in the world. but i have a constent feeling of not caring than i ever had. i just dont care. can anyone relate?

Thanks

Hello, Cin. I'm sorry you have been dealing with this for such a long time. It's certainly enough to burn anyone out. Have you talked to your doctors about how you are feeling? Depression is a very common thing with lupus, amd it can make you feel like you don't care, or that nothing matters any more. It's easy when you are dealing with a chronic disease like lupus to forget that the emotional effects of the disease can be just as serious as the physical ones. If these feelings have been going on for a while, it may be more than just the blues, it may be a warning sign of depression. I would really encourage to share your feelings with your doctors. And please know that there are people here who care about you and how you feel. If you need to ask questions, or share your experiences, or just vent - that's why all of us are here. Welcome.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Cin :lol:
    Marycain has given you excellent advice and I do hope that you are able to follow some of it. What she said is true, depression is a symptom of Lupus as well as an emotional response to having Lupus. Either way, there are things that can be done to help you. But, it is important that you let your team of doctors know how you are feeling.
    Please know that you are not alone. Almost all of us have gone through a form of depression. Like you, I've been dealing with Lupus for over 20 years now and sometimes I get very depressed knowing that this is something that will never go away. So many of us have felt the same. What we all want you to know is that you are not alone, we are here to help you in any way that we can if you let us.
    Please let us know how you are doing, if your doctors are able to help you at all in this area and, most of all, come here at any time that you need to. Someone will always be ready to listen to you and to help you!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hello Cin,

From my point of view depression is one of the hardest symptoms of lupus to bare. Over the last few years my emotional and mental states have collapsed to rock bottom on several occassions - and it sux.

I've got a real hang up about taking anti-depressants though. I really struggle with the thought of taking a pill to get into a normal state of mind. But as time went by, my house became a pig sty, and my hobbies dropped off, I stopped seeing my friends and I JUST DIDN'T CARE - I decided that I needed help (my hubby blew a sigh of relief!).

I now take a very mild anti-depressant called Lexapro which helps me stay sane. :!: It is only mild, and it isn't addictive (one of my biggest fears of anti-depressants) and I'm happy to report that I am now a fully functional human being again.

Lexapro is the kind of tablet you can take when things are at the worst. When you get back on track it's quite safe to go off them until the time comes when you think you need a bit of help again.

Maybe you need to consider taking a mild anti-depressant to help you get back on track? There are many ways of dealing with depression however and some of these may also work. Yoga is good, as is meditation.

Spending "ME" time is also a a big boost in getting back on track. For a portion of the day do something that YOU want to do, whether it be going for a walk, sitting in the sun, painting, reading, going for coffee or sleeping or woteva.

Hope you're feeling better real soon.

cheers
    LJ

Thanks

Hello Cin,

welcome! you've found possibly the best cyber family out here. every has had some many different experiences that you can learn alot and whenever you're going thru something 9/10 someone has been there and is more than willing to share how they made it over.

talking about seems to be the pathway to healing so you've made the first move and the encouragement and support will continue to see you thru the rest of the way. Stay encouraged.

Thanks

Hi Cin!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm really glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Keep well!