Thread: CNS Involvement?

Thanks

Default CNS Involvement?

I have never had CNS involvement in the past. I have researched it and talked to many people who have it but I havesome questions only those who experience it would know. I am wondering what it feels like. I know some about the outward symtoms but what does it feel like?

I have been having this flare and the Prednisone seems to be making it better as far as the fatigue and joint pain but I have this brain fog. I can't remember or concentrate. I feel numb and disconnected. The simplest tasks, even going to the bathroom, take focused thought. I am usually a fantastic multi-tasker, right now that is impossible. I am mixing up words, not being able to say what I mean, and everything takes longer.

At first I thought it was a "Vicodin Hangover" but I only took more than usual for like a day or two and that was 4-5 days ago. Those doses were well within the prescribed limits as well. I have boosted my dose many times before and for much longer periods of time before. This brain fog has actually gotten worse. It started only at night, then it would come and go. Today, it has been constant all day, no break at all.

I guess I need to follow the advice I would give and see my doc, but in the meantime, I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced a similar thing.

Thanks

All the time!!!!!!!!!! I dont even bother cooking anymore...because I have forgotten how...my husband does all the cooking. And if I am having a really bad flare up...and I am going somewhere I have gone 100 times...I get lost...have that quite a bit....simple things like working my printer at the office or setting a networking system has become difficult..that once very simple for me. I have learned to live with it though...just write everything down so I dont forget...and a lot times I will put in a email and send it to my husband so he can remember for me. Just remember to use your support system and write everything down. Good Luck to you and God Bless!!!!!!!! Dawn

Thanks

I'm not sure these things qualify as CNS involvement, but I can sure relate to what you are both saying. Post it notes are not a convenience anymore - they're a necessity! Wish I owned stock in 3M. :lol: I use my email system as an extension of my brain, and call my voice mail frequently and leave myself messages (weird, I know.) I'll be working on something I've done a millions times and I just sit there...staring at the page or the screen on my computer. Blank...nothing...what the heck do I do with this? Sometimes I have to find old copies of reports or spreadsheets and try to figure out how I did it before. Just crazy frustrating. I've been feeling better lately and I just told my husband it's like putting on glasses after walking around without them for a while...suddenly things are in focus again! I had forgotten what it was like to have a working brain! I don't know how long it'll last, but it sure feels good to be less of a dim-bulb than I've been in many a month.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

join the brain fog club. I was calling my son's school the other day regarding a fund raiser they were having and none the coaches seemed to know what I was talking about. after a few minutes of dialoguing we figured out I called his old middle school, he started high school this year. how about that for a brain fart.

Thanks

I went to my walk-in clinic yesterday to be checked over to make sure nothing urgent was going on. They couldn't find anything. My eletolytes were fine and I have no symptoms of anything else urgent. So, they made me an appointment with a neurologist. I am also going to call my Rhumie on Monday. At least now, I don't have to stress that it may be....lord only knows what scarry thing hehe. I sure hope this is only temporary tho, whatever it is. This disease has taken so much from me. My intelect has always been my most valued quality and I don't know that I can stand to lose that too!