Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers provided on this forum

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Answers provided on this forum

Dear Members;
    The research and/or answers provided on this forum are not meant to be used as a substitute for medical advice. The information provided and presented is for your education and your support. This can be a lonely and misunderstood disease and we want to help you to lessen those feelings.
    We are here to help you in any way that we can and to offer each of you as much support as we can for as long as you need it.
    But, please see your personal physician for professional evaluation of your individual cases!

Peace and Blessings To You All
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default I am sorry, I am not sure how this really works.

I have been sent from doctor to doctor for aray of systoms and illnesses. I finally started doing some of my own research. I was not raised by my bio-mom, so I found her and to found out the medical history. The usual stuff, except for Lupus. I never heard of it. I have been reading about it. So many things seem to make sense. I have yet another doctor's appointment tomorrow ( a new doctor I have not seen). I have been at the same library in Pearl, MS for 4years. Sick off and on, but, since last year about Nov. I have been real bad, even worse since Feb. 08 I am now down to the last 40 hrs of the family medical leave to secure my job. I told my boss' my theory of Lupus. You know that roll of the eyes look and she just doesn't want to work look. I'm sick of; it is all in your head, being a hydrocondric(spelling), lazy, over reacting, just go to the ER and get a shot, (but when you go, they think all you are is a drug seeking adict)
    My husband is a really good guy, married 30 years, but even he has limits, drs, er rooms, hospitals, no money for bills, drugs for breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime. He says, "no wonder I'm sick!"

So, how does this work? You just get on and go where to actually post to talk to everyone and how? I have never done this before.

Thanks,
    mamaj

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mamaj;
    I am sorry to hear that you are having so many difficulties. This is a place filled with caring, understanding, informative and supportive people. We are here to help you in any way that we can and as much as we can. Welcome to our family :lol:

With reference to posting; You can browse through all of the forums here and post in whichever forum you feel fits your subject. If your subject is general, then you can post in "Lauri's Lounge". That is usually the first place that most people go to until they get the hang of things.
    Regardless of where you post your questions, comments, concerns, etc., someone will respond because there is always someone here! You are never alone when you are here with us!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply.

I went to yet another doctor yesterday. My husband was not going to go with me at first, but I really did not feel up to driving. So he came along, and instead of staying in the waiting room came back with me. While I made the list of medicines and sugeries and doctors seen , etc; the doctors cuts me off mid-sentence and says,"So Danny, when she gets this way, what happen next?" I wanted to scream "HELLO!!

But, in the end he said I needed a Neurologist. I said I had been trying to get in to see one and would he help. NO. Get your records and hand deliver them. I asked him if he had heard of Lupus and he said he did not think that was my problem.

My husband went back to work, I came home took 2 lorocet which barely makes a dent and laid down.

I am going to lose my job which I love. I was told they will make the decesion for me if I don't make the decesion for myself. I don't know if it is better to let them fire me or just resign; either way I lose my medical insurance; no insurance, no medicine.

I need to get ready for work.

mamaj

Thanks

MamaJ...

City or state library? Apply for disability insurance through worker's compersation, LNI....disablity. I know very little about compensation but I do believe if a job aggravates a pre-condition you are eligible for worker's comp.

I googled and this is what I found....maybe it will help financially. A start to help you feel you have some control over what you can get financially.

Heath topic, questions, related to doctors, medicine.....see you in the our topics listed in the forum index...

Keep looking for your wellness,
    Oluwa

Follow the links..

http://www.ssa.gov/d&s1.htm

http://www.mwcc.state.ms.us/

http://www.dom.state.ms.us/Eligibility/eligibility.html

http://www.dom.state.ms.us/Eligibili...icaid72005.pdf

http://www.dom.state.ms.us/03_12_07_...l_compiled.pdf

http://www.dom.state.ms.us/Eligibili...pp03182005.pdf

http://www.mwcc.state.ms.us/INFO/wcfacts.pdf

Thanks

Default links

Thanks for the links.

My husband is convinced I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS).
    I saw my GP yesterday and told him we need to do something before I lose my insurance and ask for a pain shot. He had blood and urine labs done; and wrote me an excuse for work that I may not be able to handle an 8 hour day. My boss is still a "B----". I called her and told her I would be at work this morning. Which I better go start getting ready; it takes longer these days.

mamaj

Thanks

Default mamaj

Hi mamj;
    I read your postings, and I may have missed it, what kind of symptoms are you having?
    I had symptoms for almost 3 years before being diagnosed with Lupus. I got everything from fibromyalgia, to chronic fatigue to depression. Keep seeing doctors and searching for answers.

Thanks

Hi Mamaj,
    First of all welcome to the site. There are a lot of good folks that come in here and with a vast wealth of information. My name is Kathy. I have SLE, Lupus and have had it for some 44 years or so according to my Rheumatologist. It sounds like you are going through a lot of what I went through before I finally got diagnosed with Lupus. I am serious starting in my early mid 20's I started having severe joint pain and severe headaches and boy I would pass out from the sun and did so on numerous occassions. I had bad bouts of Costalchondritis and Pleuresy and just really bad things happening. I went to several different doctors to continously be told that there was nothing wrog with me and that I was stressing needlessly. I hit the ER on numerous occasions due to the pain of headaches, and joints and back and costalchondritis. I was told several times that I was just looking for narcotics etc. It was terrible to say the very least.

What are all of your symptoms? The Lupus Foundation has listed 11 different criteria that they use to determine if you have Lupus. You have to meet at least 4 of the criteria that they have listed. Have you looked at the The American Lupus Foundation website to see what they list for the criteria to determine if you have Lupus?

Have you seen a Rheumatologist? I think that you need to see one and ask them to test you for Lupus. Take a list of all of your symptoms and any lab results that you have to the office and let the doctor go over them. Please keep posting as we are here for you and want to help you any way that we can.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

wow Kathy, i really feel for you, all those years suffering with this disease. How are you now? May i ask how old are you? I use to always think that a lupus patient dont normally live t hat long, and that what scares the crap out of me, and not knowing if i have it. I guess this would explain all these costrochondritis flares and back aches. How on earth do we get these type of diseases? I have no familt history of it.

I really like this site, you guys so serious about all this and very very informative..thnak god i found you all!

Thanks

Default MCS - Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome

Hi goodnight to all....Its been quite awhile since i have been in here and i am still going through 'the question mark phase with my doctors.

About two mths ago..i went to another rheumy and he told me that he isnt gettin enough evidence to support the possibility of lupus but he still put that question mark next to it.

He did however told me that alot of people may have a positive ANA and have a condition called MCS - Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, where the immune system is very allergic to almost anything and its quite hard to target what are the causes.

What he did however was put me on PRIMROSE OIL for 3 mths to see if it would help boost my immune system....sigh...so far it did help a little with the back pains ( i am assuming its that ,cause primrose oil do help with inflamation)....all my other symptoms still exists though! I hate howmy hair keeps falling of..it scares me....i am on some calcium to see if this helps.....what to do about the hair anyone????

I have another appointment in August...hope there is more he can help me with....