Thread: black uv light

Thanks

Default black uv light

hello all'
    just a quick question, Does anyone know anything about blacklight uv radiation and how it affects you with photosenitivity,is it worse than the sun?

thanks shane

Thanks

Hi Shane
    I have never heard of black UV light?? I have heard of blue - specifically UVA1. It is an interesting alternative therapy. If you google UVA-1 light therapy and lupus - you will find some studies on it. I use it myself and I find a huge difference for fatigue. The problem is my disease is very active so I don't know if the light helps the fatigue but aggravates other symptoms at the same time. I don't think so because I usually feel a bit better right after the session. But a couple of days later often worse....but I probably would have anyhow. I am so up and down with it.
    Anyhow, if this black UV light does not have any UVB in it then it shouldn't make things worse. From what I have read UVA-1 actually helps repair bad cells while UVB aggravates.
    Karen

Thanks

personally i would be staying clear of the uva treatments what i read there has not been to many in depth studies into it yet as no known side affects yet but as they say if you want to cure some thing be prepared for another reaction to occur

i think it is bad for you but i am not a scientist or doctor or what ever, cause i still think this is one of my major causes to my flares.