Thread: hey, i'm new

Thanks

Default hey, i'm new

a quick overview of my story: I'm a college student that was diagnosed with SLE at age 6, It was a pretty horrible flare. Chemo sent me into remission for 12 years- until last month and i have absolutly no idea what triggered it. I'm having a really tough time being away from family at school with lupus. I've had a high fever, and i feel like i'm always sweating. I'm really weak and havn't been attending class. All the fatigue and pain has me scared. How do you all deal with this? Sorry to be pessimistic, but it helps me to talk about it.

Thanks

Hi Racinie!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm really glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I'm really sorry that you are going through such a difficult time right now :cry:, but please know that you are in my prayers and that this Forum is here for you! I'm sure that you will meet the most amazingly supportive people on this Forum; I certainly have!

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

College can be a stressful situation, especially if you are away from home. So it's always possible that just the stress of school could have triggered a flare up. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. Have you been to your doctor to discuss starting back on a treatment plan? If you haven't already been to see your doctor, please make an appointment. There are a lot more treatment options than there used to be.

Please feel free to come here with any questions or concerns, or if you just need to vent. I know it's hard when you're in school and trying to keep up with everyone else.

Welcome to the group.

Thanks

Thanks a lot. Yeah- i've seen my doctors ( like a thousand of them) a lot over the past few weeks. Today was especially bad because it seems theirs something else going on, like maybe a viral infection that they arn't sure about. All these tests are takeing quite the toll on me, but hopefully they will bring me closer to getting healthy again. For now i'm leaving school for a bit, maybe getting out of the dorms will help.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to leave school. I hope that you are able to return very soon. As Marycain said, college can be very stressful, especially if you are living on campus and have to share your room with a stranger. Hopefully, this change, along with any treatments that your doctors prescribe after they've completed their tests, will start to give you some relief.
    I wish you the very best.
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie