Thread: Working on getting off of the Narcs!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Working on getting off of the Narcs!

We went to a pain management doc last week, and he seems to be very intrested in getting mom off of all the narcotic drugs that she's on for pain. He says he has a lot of work to do in terms of calculations and meeting with her primary care doc and nephrologist. The Novacane patches seem to be working very well with the neuropathy in her feet, so he's hoping that maybe by increasing that to 24 hours aday, instead of the 12 hours, that she won't need the Methadone and hoping to find an alternative to Depacote that won't keep her so confused and tired all the time.

I will let you know how things are going with that. It's not going to be an over night kind of transition, but hopefully within the next month or so we will have some answers.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am happy to hear that your doctor is sensitive to the fact that she needs to start weening off of some of the very potent medications and that it is necessary to do things to avoid having to take more potent medications.
    I truly hope and pray that your mother continues to improve!! You and she are in my prayers :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

That is good news. I hope as your mom is weaned off some of the meds, she will be more like her old self.

Thanks

Thanks Ladies. I am hoping that she will be more like herself.

She was always the strongest person I knew...and it's hard to see her so fragile and lost.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Just to say i'll be thinking of you both.

love
    Angel.xxx

Thanks

Hi I just wanted to wish you and your mom luck with the weaning process. It sounds like your doctor is very willing to work with you and take it slow so that is good.
    Diagnosed with: Lupus, Hashimoto's Thryroiditis, Hypercoaguable State (2 DVT's)
    I have a hard time taking my medications regularly and I am working on getting better at that!

Thanks

They tried me on those 2 drugs . I was knocked on my butt for 2 days . I could do nothing and I mean nothing . I needed help getting up to go to the bathroom.

I hope she can come off them soon.

Patty
    Check out my web site for handmade Goats Milk Soaps & Lotions. We also raise Icelandic Sheep & Angora Bunnies

[url]www.MilkMadeSoapsandLotions.com