Thread: Any info on Solumedrol IV Treatments?

Thanks

Default Any info on Solumedrol IV Treatments?

18 yr old daughter just found out today she need Solumedtrol IV Treatments , as predisone not working on raising her white blood cell count....anyone out there know about this type of treatment?

Thanks

Hi mom!

I'm 19yrs old..I first got sick in 2004 when I was diagnosed with Kidney disease which later I found out was from the Lupus. I took predisone and I was also given a few treatments of Solumedtrol drip...the IV drips over an hour so you'll be there for a bit..it gives you a pretty bad taste in your mouth like metal so bring STRONG gum even though it doesn't help too much and that taste will last about 2 hours after..It also causes you to bruise worse than you normally would.It gives you bad heartburn so get good meds for that and avoid greasy food & the blood sugar levels go nuts so watch the sugar.

I found this website gives tips and has comments from people who get the drips pretty
    often.

http://ms.about.com/od/treatments/a/medrol_tips.htm

Tell your daughter to keep her head up...I will be thinking about her i hope the drip
    helps & I will pray for her.
    http://ms.about.com/u/ua/treatments/...ps.htm?from=lb

Blog Entries
    Thanks

like she said, solu-medrol makes sugar levels go wacko. we have to use caution when giving it to diabetics.

i've given it in the field and also have been given it a few times. i've never heard of it given to raise white blood cell counts. i've always been given it for allergic reactions, it's given for a long term effect to prevent a reaction to relapse. let me know how it goes.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.