Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoping for a baby...

Thanks

Default Hoping for a baby...

My husband and I just started the process to try to get pregnant. My cycles have never been regular, so right now we are working just getting a cycle going to cleanse my body...but after that, we will be starting some meds to help my body ovulate (Metformin and Clomid probably).

I thought I would share because I'm pretty excited about it! I'm 34 and my husband is 41. We figure if we are going to have a baby, we'd better get busy and get serious about it! LOL

My mom doesn't seem to be too happy about the idea, which confuses me.

I'll keep you all posted (if you're interested). I know it's going to be a long process and am hoping for relatively early success.

Thanks

Hi Kokopelli!

That's wonderful!

Let us know how everything goes! I will be praying for you...

Keep well!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Kokopeli
    I am so happy for both you and your husband and I truly hope that you are successful!
    Your mom may be worried and concerned about your health and how much strain a pregnancy will put on your body. But, under close supervision of your medical team (Obstetrician, Rheumatologist, Primary Physician), you can have a safe and healthy pregnancy and give birth to a strong and healthy baby.

I wish you the very best
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Congrats! I know that this is something you have wanted to do for a while. You have given so much to your mother for a long time. Enjoy this time in your life to take care of yourself and enjoy this process of starting a family. I wish you much luck!
    Missy

Thanks

Congratulations and thanks for sharing this precious dream with us. When I think about it; of all the WONDERS in this life - to have the honor and privilege of bringing a child into this world - still leaves me in awe.

I remember when I was pregnant, my husband and I decided we didn't want to know what sex the baby was.......we looked at it as God's wonderful surprise for us.....and when our beautiful baby boy arrived - my husband could have touched the clouds with the tip of his fingers - he was so happy. And that is a moment that can never be reproduced again, and is so precious to me. My beautiful bouncing baby boy just turned 32....and we still talk about his "coming out" party!!

As Saysusie says, it is so very important to take very good care of yourself and keep your stresses to a minimum. I wish and will pray for you that your pregnancy goes well, that God will keep you in the palm of His hands so that you will bring a healthy and happy child into this world. What a joy!!!!

Keep us posted, it's nice to read about "GOOD STUFF", and we love hearing about yours.

Take Care Friend,
    Much Love - Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

Hi Kokkopelli
    Hooray! Happy news indeed. I have had 2 babies (now 3 and 5) and the pregnancies went fine. I had more nausea than most of my friends (and fatigue) but otherwise normal. Please keep us posted and post any questions you might have in case I can be helpful....
    Karen

Thanks

Thank you all for being so excited with me!!

I will definately keep you all posted on how things go with this new journey! I'm sure I will have lots of questions and I'm so glad that I have some place to ask them!

Love to you all!

(For those that might not know, I don't have Lupus, but am caregiver to my mom who does have.)

Thanks

Warm thoughts and prayers coming' your way Kokopelli! What a wonderful journey you're about to embark on. Could be your Mom is worried about 'losing you' to a new baby. She has counted on you for her care and support, and that might be a little scary for her. I'll bet she'll feel differently the first time she holds a new grandbaby! I loved my kids...but there was nothing to prepare me for how much I loved my granddaughter at first sight. Truly a gift from God. I hope your mother feels that way when the time comes. Take good care of yourself and be patient...sometimes God works slowly!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Thanks Jody. I'm sure she will melt when she sees a new grandbaby. She gets all smiles when I bring in the "furry granddaughter" (siberian husky) and she boasts about her all the time to everyone...LOL With all of that for a furry four-legged one, I can just imagine how she will be when/if the two-legged one gets here.

*hugs*

Thanks

I hope your journey is a short one. And you have a very safe and healthy new baby!!