Thread: Cranky?

Thanks

Default Cranky?

I've noticed recently that when I get tired I get cranky. Thing is I'm aware of feeling cranky too...it's not like I don't realize it. I feel so bad. I'm even cranky with my parents. Is this a lupus thing or am I just weird?

I didn't used to have this-- I'm always so friendly and easy going, but when I get really tired I feel like I'm not myself. Many times i just get really quiet, for fear of snapping at someone.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has a similar experience? And if it's a lupus related thing?

Thanks

What makes ME cranky is high doses of Prednisone. I sing the song, Smile, to myself and it helps. Or I just turn on one of those AWFUL talk shows, like Jerry Springer, and yell at the people. Works every time. Love, Kathy

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

exhaustion and extreme fatigue makes even a completely disease-free person cranky...so, no..there is nothing wrong with you!
    The fatigue caused by lupus makes many of us suffer from the lack of concentration, poor memory, general confusion, inability to express ourselves clearly and difficulty articulating our speech. Emotionally, the symptoms of the fatigue include anxiety, depression, tearfulness, irritability, inability to cope with stress and panic attacks.
    My fatigue is always a feeling of extreme tiredness or exhaustion and it includes weakness that makes it hard for me to do things that I want to do. My fatigue, like yours, makes me irritable because it is always accompanied by pain and an inability to concentrate! So, you are not alone and there is nothing wrong with you..other than Lupus and it's many symptoms!!
    So, knowing that you are not becoming a split personality..you can deal with your irritability by addressing ways in which you can get recuperative rest and eliminating some of your stressors. I know it will be difficult, but I believe that doing so will make a big difference.
    There are many discussions, in these forums, about how to handle fatigue and how to deal with stress - hopefully you will find them helpful. Also, I'm sure that someone else will share their experiences with fatigue and irritability!!

I wish you the best
    Saysusue