Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Stupid Question...But a Question Nonetheless

Thanks

Yayyy, I am on only 2 pills of MTX every week. I have some nausea still, but not like it used to be at all! (I used to vomit so hard and so much that I kept expecting to see my slippers ending up in the bucket!) I spend a couple of days on hot tea with honey, toast with beef broth (sometimes I add plain rice) and as I feel better, tomato soup with grilled cheese. That's what my mom always fed me when I was sick, and it's what I crave now. The rest of the time, I can eat fairly normally, though not much. This is okay because my weight is just going up a little bitl. I am now taking only 5 mg of Prednisone every other day and it's not a bad dose at all!
    My doc is so darned vague about how long I will take this, when I will switch to something else, etc. It's always "wait and see" with this disease, isn't it?
    Impatiently yours, Kathy

Thanks

That's great news! Tomato soup and grilled cheese are my 'comfort' foods, too - childhood leaves strong messages programmed in our brains (and our tummies, apparently!)
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Ditto on the tomato soup and grilled cheese - that was one of my favorite childhood meals. But the tomato soup had to be Campbells back then, none of the other tomato soups would do.

Kathy, I'm so glad the MTX seems to be working for you.

Thanks

Can you all tell what Cellcept is??? I know the Plaquinil is not working and I go back to my doctor in about 3 weeks. Just want to have the correct information when I go to see him.

Thank you and Gob Bless you all,
    Dawn

Thanks

cellcept is a transplant drug to help your organs handle being where there at, i take 2 grams a day with no real noticeable side affect from it, it can be used in conjuntion with prednisone that helps to drop your immune system so cellcept can work better. here is a url for a clinical explanation
    http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/cellcept.htm
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

Default Wow...

Wow :shock: , I have felt that I wasnt on much for medications for a while now, lol, apparently I was wrong, lol... ops:
    I've been taking 6 MTX pills per week now since January; on 7.5 - 10 prednisone daily; 40mg Relpax- prn for migranes; 25mg propranolol for my HBP and apparent new TIA problem (which happend last week when I thought I had a seizure or something along those lines); 4mg tzanadine each nite for the awful overnight cramping as a chaser to my tylenol pm, ha ha :lol: ... hmm, what else goes on this laundry list? :? LOL..
    I did try Plaquenil, but it didnt do anything either for me... For herbal remedies, I take Omega 3's and 6's; the centrum silver type of daily multivitamin; have omitted all dairy from my diet (this helps me greatly with nausea problems overall, and I can tell if I only have one small portion of ice cream or similar things) and replaced dairy with soy products across the board. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I make sure I eat several portions of meats/protein each day adn more carbs than sugars. I know it sound funny to most of my friends and family, but I find it hard to keep weight on most of the time, although I eat all the time, lol.. And prob the most important thing is I dont deny myself anything I would like to eat, cuz let's face it - life is too short to tell yourself 'no' over the little pleasures you can enjoy, eh?
    Ive actually had several years where I was very symptomatic and had no diagnosis of lupus but rather a severe misdiagnosis of a mental illness :roll: , so I am thinking that being put on psych meds and the massive problems they created for me ended up creating a different progression rate perhaps? Does that make any sense to anyone? :?: Has anyone else had that happen to them from how the onset came - symptom-wise...??
    Shea