Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIP JOINTS

Thanks

So I received my test results back from the Reichlen test and the only thing positive as my ANA again which last time is was 1:320 now it 1:1180. So they are stating I don't have SLE because all other tests were negative. I did see my pulmonologist and he said it might be asthma and gave me a steroid inhaler. So now I guess I'm back to square one, as the rheum. said I need to back to my PCP for further tx. I'm very frustrated I'm not a hypocondriac and I'm not making this stuff up. I feel like I'm 80 yrs old, joint's ache, flu-like, rashes, headaches every day, shortness of breath, short-term memory prob's, fatigue, Verry frustrated.

Thanks

MorningStar, do you know if your doctor has tested you for other conditions that could mimic the symptoms of lupus? Conditions like fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, lyme disease, and thyroid disease can all cause symptoms similar to lupus. Since your PCP doesn't seem to be working with you on finding a diagnosis, it might be time to look for an internist or other doctor who specializes in diagnostics. Clearly something is going on, and just because one illness has been ruled out doesn't mean your doctors should stop looking for a diagnosis. You may have to be very assertive with your doctors in pushing for better care, but remember that the doctor works for you, not the other way around.

Thanks

My Rheum did state that I didn't have fibromyaglia after asking her. But I'm having an immunologist I work with look over my labs, he is leaving our practice very soon and I want his opinion. Thanks.

Thanks

I finally got a dx of sle. The Dr. I work with said my 2nd ANA was significantly elevated and a couple other test and said he had 2 patients currently with similar bloodwork and that Rheum.(he's a immunologist)want to have all the bloodwork and arthritic signs available before they will dx you. I'm just relieved to finally get dx. 8) He said so many have the symptoms first but takes awile for the lab to catch up.

Thanks

Default proteinurea

Mine started when my wrists hurts.....and then it follows to my feet that swollen this is a a year ago. Then my physician test my urine and found out that I exceeded too much protein in my urine....as a months go on....I feel so weak and all I like to do is to be in coach bec. all my joints are hurting and throbbing..............now I found out that it is lupus attacking parts of my body.....very baddddddd......