Thread: Rheumie troubles....

Thanks

Default Rheumie troubles....

At my last appt. I kinda lost it, my doc is more the Doctor/Scientist type and I prefer warm fuzzies. I've been with her since Sept. of last year.

Anyway, I feel like she is cold and too focused on narcotics, which then she waffles and will give me a script for anything. Maybe it's me, but I feel like she doesn't like me.

So we hashed this out and she told me that I could switch to another doc in her practice or outside of it.

Today I call to switch and am told office policy forbids this. I *CANNOT* see another doc in her practice. It's either her,. or find someone else.

I made an appt. with her for Monday because I can't wait several months for a new appt. elsewhere and I am out of methotrexate.

I am APPALLED by this policy. Is it normal? I feel like I am being forced to see a doc who I don't click with.

Any help most appreciated.

Barbara

Thanks

hi there barbara. im so sorry that you are going thru this, and i kknow it frustrating! i hate hearing things like this

anyway, the practice is there becaus the docs are there, and usually the docs run the practice along with an ofc manager. i doubt the practice runs the docs. with that said, see if the your doc can speak with whom ever necessary for you to be able to switch. primarily because you dont have the time to wait for a new appt, and second, insurance concerns (or familiarity).

i hope this helps you, and good luck, keep us posed, and be well

Thanks

Unfortunately, for legal liability reasons, this is very common in many group practices, especially if a partnership is involved When you have your Monday appointment, ask the doctor to speak directly to the managing partner or practice manager about making an exception to their policy.