Thread: Sore, blue fingertips?

Thanks

Default Sore, blue fingertips?

On saturday I started to notice discolouration on my index fingertip on my right hand. Now all my fingertips on my right hand are bluish in colour and they hurt and are itchy like crazy. I thought that it might be Raynaud's (not diagnosed), so I ran my hand under hot/warm water but that made it worse. I have been on Paquenil now for two weeks and I know that discoloration in skin pigment is a possible side effect. Have any of you experienced this. I'm kinda scared!!!!!

Thanks

Reynaud's usually causes a distinctive pattern of color changes when you are exposed to cold - it can be extremely painful, but when an attack is over, the skin normally goes back to the normal color. So if your skin is staying bluish, and it's not bruising, it could be a circulatory or vascular problem, or possibly even a blood clot. Try rewarming your hands gently -- don't run them under hot water, put some lotion on your hands and rub it in gently until your skin feels warm, then put on some warm gloves if you have them. If warming your hands doesn't help any, you really need to get in touch with your doctor tomorrow to have your hand looked at. It could be something really minor, but the doctor really needs to see your hand to be sure.

Thanks

Marycain my rhumie and GP are both off this week because of Easter and I don't know what to do. My fingertips are still blue, mainly my ring finger. I tried to warm them but it isn't working. My hand is really itchy but no longer sore. Advice please!!!!

Thanks

If you call your doctor's number, his answering service should be able to put you in touch with whoever is covering for him. If you can't get in touch with him, is there a walk in clinic anywhere around? They are usually open longer hours, and could at least take a look to rule out a clot or other vascular problem. Are you having any problems with feeling weak or short of breath? If so, you need to get to a doctor as soon as possible.