Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Allergic Conjunctivitis (Allergic Pink Eye)

Thanks

Hi Tash-Lee!

I'm SO sorry to hear that you had such a horrible time with your eyes, but I am really glad to hear that you finally got the problem sorted out!

Thank you very much for sharing this with us!

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Hey All and I Love History...
    Well the doctor loaded me up on all kinds of stuff to stop the green stuff (sorry so graphic). He gave me a B12/Antibiotic shot along with eye drops....ear drops....cough med....(Symtan) and Z-pak. So hopefully I will get back on the right track again...enjoying my regular lupus symptoms...(LOL :lol: ) Has anyone heard of the Symtan??? Just curious about drug interaction with my thyroid and the Plaquinil. Oh, he did say it was not sure if I had conjunctivitis....but if my eyes dont get better after the eye drops he is going prescribe...something else. Hope everyone is feeling better....GOD BLESS. Dawn

Thanks

Hi MsDawnie44!

I'm glad to hear that you made it to the doctor and that he has prescribed lots of things to make you feel better!

I am not familiar with Symtan, but then again, I live in South Africa and it probably has a different name here. Hopefully, someone else will know more about it.

This dumb Pharyngo-Conjunctival Fever has made me really ill! My throat is SO sore! My body is so weak and run-down, all I do is sleep all day (seriously, from like 09:00 a.m. to about 18:30, with only a short break for lunch - if I have an appetite, which is unusual - inbetween). My back has been killing me with pain for about a month now and I don't know what is wrong with it?! The pain just keeps getting worse and now I am getting pain in my thighs too? :? I don't remember having injured my back though, I really don't? :?

Keep well!

Thanks

Hey there....have you talked to your doctor about this??? Sounds to me like it could be your kidney's...Check with your doctor and let me know what he/she says......I know what you mean about the sore throat thing....it drags you down big time....try gargling with warm salt water to ease the pain ( it works). I am starting to feel a bit better....if I could just get the inflamation down in hands and feet...I would be a very happy camper!!! Well back to work....I hope you get to feeling better and Have A Blessed Day....GOD BLESS>>>>>>>Dawn

Thanks

Hi!

No, unfortunately I haven't had a chance, but I am going to make an appointment to see my Paediatrician/Paediatric Cardiologist some time this week, as I need to see him about other things as well and I cannot handle this back pain anymore! :x At first, I also thought that it was my kidneys because the pain was mainly situated in that area, but I don't think so anymore because now I have severe pain in my upper back too (sort of in the ribcage/lung area). I had my urine tested about two and a half weeks ago, as well and it was clear, apart from a trace of protein (which is practically always there) and I was menstruating, so there was a lot of blood. Also, my bladder and kidneys were C.T. Scanned in January and everything was fine there, so I don't think that it's a kidney problem. I am also able to touch the kidney area with quite a bit of pressure, which I am unable to do when there is a problem there, like a kidney infection or kidney stones.

Thanks and the same to you!

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Hi!

No, unfortunately I haven't had a chance, but I am going to make an appointment to see my Paediatrician/Paediatric Cardiologist some time this week, as I need to see him about other things as well and I cannot handle this back pain anymore! :x At first, I also thought that it was my kidneys because the pain was mainly situated in that area, but I don't think so anymore because now I have severe pain in my upper back too (sort of in the ribcage/lung area). I had my urine tested about two and a half weeks ago, as well and it was clear, apart from a trace of protein (which is practically always there) and I was menstruating, so there was a lot of blood. Also, my bladder and kidneys were C.T. Scanned in January and everything was fine there, so I don't think that it's a kidney problem. I am also able to touch the kidney area with quite a bit of pressure, which I am unable to do when there is a problem there, like a kidney infection or kidney stones.

Thanks and the same to you!

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Hi!

I am going to go and see my Paediatrician/Paediatric Cardiologist tomorrow, so will let you know what he says about my back.

I have now developed a numbness underneath my left buttock, rectal pain (sorry! ops and appear to have what my mother says is Sciatica (my mother suffers from Sciatica) running down my left thigh, so we think that I may have pinched a nerve in my back or something to that effect. Anyway, we'll see what the doctor says.

I thought Sciatica affected mainly people over the age of forty. Does anyone know if Sciatica can affect people of any age (I am sixteen)?

Thanks and keep well!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sciatica is pain caused by general compression and/or irritation of one of five nerve roots that are branches of the sciatic nerve. The pain is felt in the lower back, buttock, and/or various parts of the leg and foot. In addition to pain, there may be numbness, muscular weakness, and difficulty in moving or controlling the leg. Sciatica is a set of symptoms rather than a diagnosis for what is irritating the root of the nerve, causing the pain. This point is important, because treatment for sciatica or sciatic symptoms often will be different, depending upon the underlying cause of the symptoms.
    Anyone can get sciatica, but it does typically affect people between the ages of 30 and 50 because of years of compression. Sciatica is a relatively common form of low back pain and leg pain and is generally caused by the compression of a lumbar spine nerve root L4 or L5 or sacral nerve roots S1, S2 or S3, or far less commonly, by compression of the sciatic nerve itself.
    Because of the many conditions that can compress nerve roots and cause sciatica, the treatment options often differ from patient to patient. Treatment of the underlying cause of the compression is often the most effective course. Most cases of sciatica can be effectively treated by one or a combination of the following:
    *Physical therapy and exercise, which generally is best done in a controlled, progressive manner and will include some combination of stretching, strengthening and cardio conditioning
    *Massage therapy
    *Appropriate changes in behaviour, ergonomics and environment (for example cushioning, chair and desk height, sleeping positions).
    *Anti-inflammatory medications (i.e. NSAIDs or oral steroids),
    *Pain medications (e.g. acetaminophen)
    *Epidural steroid injections to deliver local anti-inflammatory agents (and possibly a pain medication) directly to the affected area
    *Alternative medicine treatments such as chiropractic manipulation[5] or osteopathic manipulation.

I hope that I have answered your question.
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Saysusie!

Yes, you did answer my question! :lol:

Thank you very much!

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Just wanted to drop in and see how everyone and Ilovehistory is feeling...hope everyone is feeling "normal"...Me just the same ole thing...only something new....numb feet...oh the joy of this disease...oh yeah...ILoveHistory...have the same pain down buttocks and leg...I find sometimes a hot bath helps a little bit...Good Luck and GOD BLESS!!!! :B-fly: :B-fly: Dawn