Thread: Anyone have lupus without joint pain ?

Thanks

Default Anyone have lupus without joint pain ?

Hello...
    Is it possible to have lupus but with no joint pain? Has anyone been diagnosed with lupus based on complications/lab results from cardiac, kidney involvement? Is it rare?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

One of the most difficult things about Lupus is that it does not affect any two persons in the same way AND that it even changes within each of us. That is why diagnoses is so difficult, treatment is ever-changing and there is no cure. I say that to say; Yes, it is quite possible to have lupus and have no joint pain. There are some who have a form of Lupus that affects ONLY their skin and it is called "Discoidal Lupus". You can also have SLE with NO organ involvement at all.
    There are 11 criteria for establishing if a person has Lupus. We must meet at least four of those eleven criteria. Your lab results, cardiac complications and kidney involvement may have met the required four criteria. Elsewhere in these forums are many discussions about those criteria. Perhaps if you read those, you may have a better understanding of what your diagnosis is and why it was made. If, after that, you have further questions, please fee free to ask us and we will gladly do all that we can to answer them for you!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default What about no skin or joint?

What about no skin or joint? or even no fatigue?

Just organ involvement?

Thanks

I don't have any skin involvement other than the "butterfly rash" and mouth ulcers. A lot of people with lupus also suffer from fibromyalgia, and doctors now believe much of the fatigue once attributed to lupus may actually be caused by fibromyalgia. So if you didn't have fibro, I think it would be possible to have organ involvement without necessarily experiencing fatigue. I do have a lot of fatigue, but mine is mostly related to hemolytic anemia, another fun by-product of lupus.

It sounds like you may be having some questions about the diagnosis? Is there any particular thing that makes you think you may have been diagnosed inaccurately?