Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a little encouragement

Thanks

Default Need a little encouragement

Hi there everybody! I know I haven't posted in a while. The last month has been kind of long and difficult. I have been trying to work with the new IBS stuff and fighting with the DMV and dealing with my sadness about my hubby going away. So, yes I did get my driver's license back, finally, 10 days ago. Praise God! I was really starting to get worried.
    I think I am getting the hang of an IBS diet and I have lost over 20 pounds since Valentine's day. (It's a good thing, I promise).

Unfortunately, my hubby leaves for a 6 month plus deployment to Iraq this week. I am sad for him being gone, and I am sad for where he is going and the danger he will be in, and I am sad for myself and my children who will miss him terribly, and I am scared that I won't be able to live up to my end of the deal this time around. He has been gone before but not since I "got sick". I have never been so tired and beat up in my life and I am terrified. I am also scared that his worry for me will affect his judgement and put him in more danger. Thankfully, his job will not put him in the direct line of fire every day, but he is still going to be in a danger zone.

I am sad for our country and the direction we are going in and for all of the other wives and families who are in the same situation as I am and worse, when their service member doesn't come home.

Anyway, this sucks!
    - Peach

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right". - Mary Kay Ash

Thanks

Hi Peach!

I am SO sorry that you are going through such a difficult time :cry:, but I am glad that you are gaining control over your I.B.S.

Please just know that you, your husband and your children are in my prayers...

Keep well!

Thanks

Peach, I'm sorry - I was really hoping he would get a waiver because of your health. Wish that had worked out, but I am glad you got your license back so you won't be stranded while he is gone. I know your situation must be tough with the kids - how is the military family support in your area? Are there some of the other military wives who can help you out once in a while?

Sending big cyber hugs your way - and keeping your and your family in my prayers.

Thanks

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Praying for strength for you and your kids so you can hold down the fort and most of all for his safety. I can't even imagine my hubby being sent to Iraq. Please relay the message to him that some of us (like me) REALLY, REALLY appreciate what he is doing for our country. He is a TRUE hero. God bless.
    For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks

Thank you for the kind words and wishes. I know he will be safe, because he has to be.

Marycain, we didn't try to hard for the hardship request because we were advised by several people that it would basically sink his career and he would not be eligible for the one promotion he may be able to make in the time he has left before retirement. We also had a couple of people that were higher ranked tell us that if we pushed too hard, he could be discharged for "inability to complete his mission" and we would lose his retirement and our medical benefits, basically because Lupus has no cure, and it would be a continuing issue, that he couldn't deploy and he is scheduled to do so three more times after this before he retires. So, we left it alone.

Apparently, from what we have heard, they will do a one time hardship request, or even a two time, if someone has cancer or something that is potentially curable or has an end date of sorts, but because my illness has no definable "end", they would look to process him out, rather than try to deal with him constantly making hardship requests for the four and a half years he has left.

So, I am in suck it up and deal mode, and not dealing so well. My stomach is in a knot, but it will get better a few days after he leaves and I get distracted with life and the kids an such.

Thanks again.
    - Peach

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right". - Mary Kay Ash

Thanks

hi there peach, you, your kids, and especially your dear hubby are in my family's prayers. i send you all of the encouragement i have. i got a taste of how hard it is when neighbors of ours were sent off last month - both hubby and wife, and they have a 5 month old and a 4 year old!! i ache for them, and you my dear. we are here for you!

yet, i'm so glad that you're getting your ibs routine down!! i really hope that that will make somethings a bit easier for you while he's gone.

be well, and keep us posted

Thanks

Peach,

Here's praying for your health and strength along with your hubby's protection. It's amazing how GOD will pull you through situation's that you never thought were manageable and in the end you come out stronger than you ever thought you could be.

Thanks

Peach, add my prayers to the list, too. I don't have anyone close to me in harms way, so I can only imagine the anxiety and stress. God will be there watching out for our brave forces. I am glad you got your driver's license back. That has to be a relief. Rely on us if you need to 'vent' and have someone to talk to.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hi Peach,

Know this, that we ALL will keep you and your husband in our thoughts and prayers. I completely understand your fears, anxieties and worries - it's reasonable and I hope you will have the courage to reach out to others (as you have done here) for support, encouragement and yep, those hugs are even better when they're received by a warm and loving person close to you.

We're all in this with you Peach, when you're scared and not sure what to do; remember that God is always waiting to here your prayers. I promise you friend, you are not alone. We love you and encourage you to keep close to those whom you love, and reach out when you're too tired to stand on your own - we'll be there for you. In spirit, in love and encouragement.

Like you, Peach - it also makes me sad for you, as well as all the other families of soldiers. My father was a serviceman and growing up, we always knew that "Daddy" was going away....we never understood why. Being one who grew up in the 60's and 70's - it was such a tumultuous time in our country (as is now, perhaps even more so)....the Vietnam war was draining our country of it's finest men and women to a cause that now seems so easy to see was (civil war) and was not ours to fight.

I have such a deep and abiding love and admiration for ALL those who serve our country, and for those who serve with dignity and honor!! As mothers, sisters, wives and family - we have such an unpredictable tomorrow when our loved ones go off to foreign lands to fight for a cause such as "freedom"....it's a freedom that I believe must be treasured and respected for the great price of those who fought so diligently - that we may enjoy the very freedoms that we enjoy today. So many lives have been sacrificed for the liberties that we so richly enjoy today. I know that there are thousands of men and women standing ready to keep ALL of us safe and secure. I don't take that gift lightly - I pray everyday that freedom rings for those who truly are willing to fight for the right to have it. Freedom is not something that we can hand over to another nation, it's something we Americans have fought for continually to keep it "ours"; a gift more precious to us everyday when we stop to think all of those who have served this country to keep it alive in our hearts, minds, and in our everyday lives.

God bless you Peach, please know that we will keep your husband in our prayers - that he will be kept safe and far from harm's way - that God will return him safely home again.

Much love to you,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

Thank you again for your prayers and kind thoughts. It is so nice to know I can come here and be lifted up and taken care of.

My honey left this morning, and I did pretty well. It was harder watching him say good bye to the kids then it was for myself. Then I headed off to a rheumy appointment where he gave me medication for my Sjogren's because it has gotten a lot worse over the last couple of months.

I know we will all be okay. I just keep praying for wisdom, and strength and patience.

Thanks again.
    - Peach