Thread: need opions

Thanks

Default need opions

Hi Im new here just stumbled across this board while doing some research on the net. I have no idea whats wrong with me if anything. my situation is this.

I have had my urine tested for infections and what not for years now and always comes back negative but always has blood in the urine. but not to the naked eye. now I know my iron has come back on the low side for awhile now but not to low. so now my dr,s called me and want to send me to a urineoligist or something like that to find out why theres always blood in the urine when I have these urine samples done. does anyone have any ideas what could cause this for so long? oh and I forgot to mention just another thing its probally not even related but I have been experienceing this thing with the tops of my hands just where the veins are they start to brews not all the time but a few weeks ago both hands were brewsed on the top just where the vein is and my arm gets like a weird numbing feeling at times Im just wondering to I seem to be having alot of menstral type cramps that type of feeling but its not just when you get your period I have this feeling all the time its not bad cramps just there my dr. never seemed to concerned though I heard theres something called the butterfly rash in people with this , so I dont think thats what I have. I started getting this condition on my face I dont know what it is my mom says it looks like rosaysha because its both my cheeks and usually my nose are always red usually really red but its always there I started noticing this many years ago but never had it checked. you can see the veins in my face where its red too now my youngiest child who is 15 months old has the same thing hers is really bad though and covers both her cheeks and nose. I got special cream for her but dosent help nothing seems to the redness sometimes may go to my neck but that comes and goes but my face is perminately red

Thanks

Default Can you please help me with this????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by babydreams123
    Hi Im new here just stumbled across this board while doing some research on the net. I have no idea whats wrong with me if anything. my situation is this.

I have had my urine tested for infections and what not for years now and always comes back negative but always has blood in the urine. but not to the naked eye. now I know my iron has come back on the low side for awhile now but not to low. so now my dr,s called me and want to send me to a urineoligist or something like that to find out why theres always blood in the urine when I have these urine samples done. does anyone have any ideas what could cause this for so long? oh and I forgot to mention just another thing its probally not even related but I have been experienceing this thing with the tops of my hands just where the veins are they start to brews not all the time but a few weeks ago both hands were brewsed on the top just where the vein is and my arm gets like a weird numbing feeling at times Im just wondering to I seem to be having alot of menstral type cramps that type of feeling but its not just when you get your period I have this feeling all the time its not bad cramps just there my dr. never seemed to concerned though

Thanks

Hi Babydreams123!

Welcome to the Forum!

Have you ever been tested for von Willebrand Disease? Do you know anyone in your family who has von Willebrand Disease?

Von Willebrand disease is one of the most common bleeding disorders and one of the symptoms is having blood in your urine constantly, due to bleeding in the bladder or kidney(s).

Do/Did you suffer from extremely heavy menstrual bleeding, which lasts/lasted longer than is considered normal? Do you suffer from frequent nose bleeds? Have you ever had blood in your stools? Do you bruise more easily than would be considered normal? Do your cuts/sores bleed for a long time before they stop?

Here are some links on von Willebrand Disease for you:

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/...WD_WhatIs.html

http://www.hemophilia.ca/en/2.2.php

http://www.hemophilia.ca/en/2.2.1.php

http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/medical/heart/vwd.html

http://www.hemophilia.org/NHFWeb/Mai...tname=bleeding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Willebrand_disease

I hope that this helps!

Keep well!

Thanks

Hi thanks for the reply, not many people seem to reply . actually with my periods they never were really bad or exstreamely heavy. theyt use to last 4-5 days now they last maybe 2 if that. thier not heavy either. as for bruising Ive always bruised really easily.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Babydreams;
    I would say that it might be advisable for your doctors to test you for an auto-immune disorder. With your symptoms, none of us here can really tell you what might be going on (aside from the fact that we are not doctors). The malar rash (redness on your face that is known to us as the butterfly rash) could be an indication of Lupus. The lupus butterfly rash is usually one of the first signs that you may have lupus. The rash is generally a red, flat facial rash over the bridge of the nose and on the cheeks. It is typically painless and does not itch. The malar rash often appears or gets worse after sun exposure (photosensitivity) or stress that causes an increase in the circulation to the skin. Sometimes the lupus butterfly rash appears on other parts of the body as well, usually on the trunk, arms, hands or legs. TBut, the malar rash is normally itch-free and painless, although there are times when it does itch and causes a burning sensation.
    Blood in the urine is called "hematuria" and may indicate some quite severe problems. Bleeding can indcate a problem in the urinary system, in areas such as the kidneys, bladder, prostate or other parts of the urinary tract. Lupus is not generally the underlying cause for blood in the urine. However, Lupus can damage some of the organs that are involved in the urinary system. Your doctors will need to determine what the underlying cause of your situation is.
    About the pain in your hands bruising and feeling numb. Bruising is usually the body's normal response to local trauma or damage. There are some medical conditions, like bleeding disorders, that can cause bruising. One of the disorders was mentioned to you by ILoveHistory. The other common disorder is hemophilia (a genetic disease) and IMMUNE DISORDERS (of which, Lupus is one). Your bruising and bleeding are both issues that you should vigorously insist that your doctors test you for to find the cause so that you can begin treatment immediately.

I wish you the best..keep us advised!
    :lol:
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Babydreams123!

I was just wondering about your bruising... Have you ever had your Vitamin C levels checked? Sometimes, a lack of Vitamin C can cause easy bruising.

I hope that this helps!

Keep well!