Thread: Energy Level and tingling pain

Thanks

Default Energy Level and tingling pain

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of ways to gain energy. I am currently on 1000 mgs. of cytoxan (approx. every 3 wks.), suffer from anemia. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can raise my energy levels considering the above two?

Also, I have been experiencing tingling sensations, mainly in my legs, almost like painful to the touch. Kind of like when you have the flu and your body aches? Any suggestions?

thank in advance.

Thanks

Hi Pretti in Pink!

Vitamin B supplements are usually very good in helping one to gain more energy. Perhaps your doctor could prescribe some high dose Vitamin B supplements for you to take? Otherwise, your doctor can also give you a course of Vitamin B injections.

Also, tonics are often helpful in giving one more energy. Perhaps your doctor could recommend one? I drink a sachet of tonic every morning, which was prescribed by my doctor.

The tingling sensations might be Peripheral Neuropathy. Do you have Diabetes? Peripheral Neuropathy is fairly common in diabetics and people with autoimmune diseases. Otherwise, they may be a side-effect of a medication which you are taking. Have you spoken to your doctor about this? If not, that might be a good idea.

I hope that I was of help!

Keep well!

Thanks

Hi Pretti in pink
    I agree that B vitamins really helped my energy levels (and nausea I think). I have been taking B12 and B6 with folate sublingually (under the tongue) and have noticed a big difference the past few months.

I have not heard of tonics? Is this more common in the UK? What are they and where can we find them?

Lastly, I have tried something kind of controversial but I think really helps the fatigue. Its UVA-1 light therapy. Basically a special bulb fitted to a tanning bed to give you just pure UVA light. There is a doctor in new orleans who has been using this for years for lupus patients. Honestly, it does help the fatigue and brain fog for me. Doesn't help joint pain much. There is a site called lupusunderground that you can check for more info. Or post again and I will reply.

I know the energy part is one of my toughest battles. Keep well.
    Karen

Thanks

Hi KKelly!

Well, I actually live in South Africa!

Tonics are basically energy drinks, which are fortified with essential vitamins and minerals. You can buy most of them over-the-counter at pharmacies, but my doctor prescribed one for me.

Keep well!

Thanks

i thought about energy drinks but most of them have taurine(?) and some other ingredients that dont look natural and i was afraid of how they would interact with me other meds? what is the name of your drink(s)? Maybe I can ask my doctor about them

Thanks

Most "energy drinks" in the US have a lot of caffeine, which can be iffy for people with high blood pressure or heart problems. You can find noncaffeinated herbal "tonics" in many natural food stores, but you should always check with your doctor first because some contain ingredients that can interact with your meds.

If you are anemic, probably nothing much will help the fatigue until your anemia improves. Have your doctors suggested any therapies to treat the anemia?

Thanks

The only treatments I have received for the anemia are the arenecpt (?) shots. They were originally talking about Rituxan but have sinced stated some literature has come out that was less than favorable for lupus/lupus nephritis.