Thread: So glad that I found this place.

Thanks

Default So glad that I found this place.

Hi Everyone.......

I am so glad that I found this place. I am a 31 year old mother of 4 who has SLE with brain involvement, Fibromyalgia, Sjogrens, and Iritable Bowel Syndrome. I have been dx'd with SLE for a little over 3 years now and the other dx's have straggled in since then. I am pretty sure that I have had SLE since I was about 8 though as all the symptoms have been there since then but I was always told that it was "all in my head", that it was "growing pains" or that I was "faking it".

I started going to the Lupus Support meetings in my area but have found it almost impossible to get to them either because of not feeling like making the drive or not being able to find someone to keep the children. (My husband works evening shift so he can't keep them.) The Support meetings helped me soo much though because no matter HOW hard people try to understand they just can not if they have not been there. I have been looking for an online board that seemed to be friendly and open as I have found that many of the boards are not and I finally came upon this one.

I am looking to make friends with people who understand what I am going through and who like to not only discuss the bad things that we go through with Lupus but the good things in life as well.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better.
    Regina

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Regina;
    Welcome to our forum :lol: We are happy that you joined us and are here for you whenever you need to talk, discuss symptoms, medications or just need to vent!!!
    Like you, after my diagnosis, I looked back on my younger years and realized that the aches and pains that I was going through had to have been Lupus then!! Also, like you, I was told that it was in my head, growing pains and, because I was so athletic, that it was due to over working my muscles!! But, it was never my muscles as much as it was my joints and no one would listen to me when I tried to explain that!
    I also have SLE, FM and IBS. The fatigue is getting to be more and more debilitating and the pain from the FM is almost constant now!! But, I still try to do some form of aerobic exercise every day (in spite of the pain) and 30 minutes of yoga to relax and center myself. I feel better emotionally, but absolutely drained physically afterwards :P
    I hope that you are able to find some joy and some peace of mind and some way to relieve any stressors in your life. Remember, we are here for you.....You are not alone.....We completely understand!!
    Feel free to offer any insight on this forum. Every experience, suggestion and supportive information is welcome!
    Peace and BLessings
    Saysusie