Thanks

Default red face

Hi,

Does anybody know a quick relief for an itchy, burning face? Thanks :cry:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello M;
    For cutaneous Lupus, doctor's generally prescribe a combination of antimalarial drugs/creams (eg. hydoxychloroquine [akalaquenil]) or chloroquine (Aralen). Additionally, cortosteroids are often prescribed and for more extreme cases, Methotrexate is prescibed.
    Here is the general therapy: Strict use of sun block, liberal use of topical steroids [not flourinated] and antimalarial therapy. Unfortunately, none of these products are available over the counter and most over the counter treatments do not work very well. So, you need to discuss your facial redness and itching with your doctor!
    The antimalarial treatments can cause retinal dysfunction, so you will need careful monitoring if you use plaquenil or Aralen.
    Hope this has been of some help!
    Take Care and Find Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

8)
    Hello,

My name is Veronica I was diagnosed with SLE (lupus) at age 12 and since then I have gotten everything that comes with this lovely disease...and well like I say better me then someone else...on top of the fact that I can not get Medical Insurance Help from Florida or Minnesota which have denied me twice ..Grrr I still have a smile on my face and live on what can I do I am glad I found this site to help others and get helped hope I make some great friends here ...I am now going through the rash on my face and arms and ears and scalp ...but I thank god for everything he gives me nice meeting you all hope to talk to you soon
    Buh Bye
    Veronica
    God Bless