Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New here

Thanks

Default New here

TAHOHVN.....I too have RAYNAUDS SYNDROME and it can USUALLY be easily taken care of with PROCARDIA XL....the dosage depends on how bad it hits you. IF you stay away from cigarrettes,coffee and chocolate it would be of great help. Raynauds for unknown reason closes the small arteries in your extremeties
    usually your hands and feet...BUT beware as one day due to the LUPS it came on so strong it closed ALL the small arteries in my heart thus sending me to the hospital with a CVA...Be carefull with this, though compard to LUPUS it's not half as bad it too can do some serious damage. It can cause you to even lose the tips of your fingers and toes if there is not enough circulation in those areas for a long period of time and can become quite painfull.....get some big warm fuzzy MITTENS,,,not gloves but mitten and keep em on!!!!! Check with your DOC to be sure of any diagnosis. Good Luck and PLEASE take care

stjames

Thanks

Default New here

Thank you so much for the info. My Doc. already gets mad when I walk in there without a sweater on! I usually leave it in the car. But, seriously, I WAS always the person without the long sleeves and jacket on. I never ran cold--always warm. Now, I wear a sweater when it's 70 degrees outside, sleep in sweats on mild nights, even wear socks with my shoes most of the time--except in summer. I've actually witnessed the difference in my body sensitivity. I don't see my Doc. 'til January, but I'm sure going to be more pro-active in protecting myself.

Denise

Thanks

Default New here

The LUPUS tends to bring on OTHER auto immune problems so keep an eye open for any other things that seem to feel different...keep and eye on how your feeling ....like are you tired all the time etc....if so you may also wanna get checked for THYROIDITIS....another auto immune disease that tends to pop up with Lupus...TAKE CARE AND STAY WARM!!!!!!

stjames

Thanks

Default New here

Thanks! We moved into a new house in May and next Sunday we are having family & close friends over for a Jewish house blessing, so I've been busier than usual. I'm being real careful, though. Doing little bits and a time and hubby & the girls are helping too.

Denise

Thanks

Default New here

COOL glad to hear you're feeling well and your spirits are up.....sounds lie a nice time with the family....I remember when my inlaws came over for the Jewish house blessing.....what a nice time..enjoy

stjames

Thanks

Default New here

Aha--you're Jewish. I work in the synagogue office. I'm their first paid Office Asst. Yep, I'm hanging in there for Sunday. It's so hard not to stress about stuff! Which brings up a question: How do you get your husband and kids to lend a hand BEFORE having to ask? Asking makes me feel so "not capable", even though I know I need to share!

Denise

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default New here

Re: asking for help. I have found that starting out by just telling them that I am going to do as much as I can because I need to feel like I am still capable. BUT - "You guys know me so well and if you see me trying to bite off more than I can chew, Please don't hesitate to jump in and save me from myself!!!"
    Somehow, this makes them feel like heros and I don't have to really ask for help - the fall over themselves trying to give me help!
    I am happy that you continue to search for answers and seek out information! Stay Strong!
    Saysusie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default New here

Denise;
    How did your "House Blessing" go? Are you ok?

Saysusie

Thanks

Default New here

Denise.I am not Jewish but my lovely wife is,,,,so how did the house blesssing go????

stjames

Thanks

Default New here

The blessing was great! I felt very proud to have all the family and some friends here, too. We've been here 6 months and it's the first time everyone was here at once. It went really well. I'm feeling okay. Now with the Holiday quickly approaching, I'm going to get started early(usual for me is a few days before!) so that I can do short shopping trips! I really appreciate your support!

Denise