Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New here

Thanks

Default New here

You don't know how happy I am that I've found an online group to talk with! I'm Denise, was diagnosed with Lupus 2 1/2 yrs. ago and am ready to be active in discussing it. It's amazing: I don't know anyone in my life that has Lupus--at lease nobody that I see or talk to on a regular basis. I've been to a couple of local support group meetings but haven't "made friends" with anyone. So, I'm hoping to connect here, live chat, etc.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default New here

Welcome Tahovn;
    We are here to help, chat, answer questions and/or just understand your feelings about having this disease! Which type of Lupus were you diagnosed with? Most of us on this site have Lupus or someone close to us has been diagnosed, so we pretty much know the ups and downs of this disease.
    If, at any time, there is anything that we can help you with, know that there are several of us who always monitor this site and will readily respond to you.
    Again - welcome!
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default New here

Thanks! I have SLE. It started with pains in my neck, as if I'd been sleeping funny. When they wouldn't go away, I saw my doctor who did blood tests and prescribed physical therapy. When he got the blood results, he called me and told me to see a rheumatologist right away. That same night, I washed my mini-van--30 minutes later, my hands & fingers hurt so bad they were burning. I'd never felt like that in my life. I called my Dr. the next day to tell him what happened and he hung up, called the rheumatologist and made an appt. for me that same day. That's how it all began. My worst has been a 51 sed. rate with a count of 2640, my legs and arms looking like a mild to bad sunburn, all with a positive ANA. I'm not taking steroids yet, but I worry that as I get older(I'll be 40 in Dec.), the disease will accelerate. I'm currently taking: 200mg. 2x/daily Plaquenil, 10mg. Flexeril at night, 500-1500mg. Naprosin daily, multi vitamin w/extra Iron for anemia.
    Also, I take Zoloft for depression, which was helped along with the Lupus. I've yet to be in remission and I've also done way to much, way to many times! I know, bad me.....I do have a supportive family, which helps. Now, if I would only answer "yes".
    Thanks for the welcome--it means alot to me.

Denise

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default New here

Denise;
    Sounds like you also suffer from Raynaud's Syndrome. Has your doctor explained the reasons for each of your medications and do you understand their purpose? One of the best defenses against this disease is knowledge.
    I am glad to hear that you have a good support system - that, in itself, is often one of the most important things!
    I am also glad that you are taking the time to learn more about Lupus and, on this site, we will often bring you information about new treatments, new studies and research findings.
    We are here for you!
    Saysusie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default New here

Denise;
    Sounds like you also suffer from Raynaud's Syndrome. Has your doctor explained the reasons for each of your medications and do you understand their purpose? One of the best defenses against this disease is knowledge.
    I am glad to hear that you have a good support system - that, in itself, is often one of the most important things!
    I am also glad that you are taking the time to learn more about Lupus and, on this site, we will often bring you information about new treatments, new studies and research findings.
    We are here for you!
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default New here

Saysusie: I never thought about Reynaud's. Actually, I don't know much about it, so now I've got more to learn about! And I will. It's interesting: All along, I've been thinking that everytime I feel an ache or pain, whether in my hands, fingers, muscles, etc., I think I'm having a flare. But, it's just been within the last few months that I realize this: I have a disease that's always with me. I'll probably always have the aches and pains, but when I do get a flare, it's gonna be worse. I'll be more tired, more hurting, etc. Gosh, this isn't fun, is it?!
    Okay, off to search for Reynaud's info! Thanks, Saysusie.
    Denise

Thanks

Default New here

Welcome TAHOHVN.....sorry it took me awhile to post but I have been down a bit lately...but I see MS.SUSIE has taken good are of ya....Hope to see you often and soon
    TAKE CARE ..BE WELL and MAY GOD BLESS

stjames

Thanks

Default New here

Thanks! I hope to visit alot, too. As I said before, I'm definately looking for a place to sort of, share the wealth!

Denise

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default New here

Welcome aboard Denise!

Thanks

Default New here

Thank you, Admin! Hey--saysusie...I've been reading about Reynaud's and it's obvious to me! I'm not surprised, though. At least, now I will tell my Dr. that I definately suspect it.

Denise