Thread: More fun with the Dr.

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default More fun with the Dr.

So she had to go in today to go over the ultrasound on her kidneys and to go over the blood work and they are saying she needs surgery again. She had surgery on her kidney less than a year ago and they said she should be set for 10 years. The surgery was supposed to correct hemoraging in the tissue and now they are saying it is worse than it was before. The realy reassureing thing is even the dr admitted he is confused. She is still young and her kidney shouldn't have gotten so bad. They are giveing her pregnazone? and more pain meds. She is worried about the pain meds becomeing an issue and doesn't want to get addicted to them. We are going to get at least a second, if not third oppinion before any surgery is scheduled. We have the same blood type (o negative) and i have a realy strong immune system and wonder if she got a transfusion from me if it could help. I have read some cases of restarting the immune system, but wonder if it would help. If their is even a chance that it could do anything to help her i would do it.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Please, please let us know what the second and third opinions say. I know what you mean by giving her your blood if it will jump-start her on the path to getting better. I've heard of that, but do not know much about the results...
    Keep us advised
    Saysusie

Thanks

So the second opinion confirms what we thought, that the doctors here are idiots. Her kidney is inflamed, but does not need to be removed.Now she is on meds and is doing a lot better. We also found out why she has been nauseous a lot lately, she is pregnant! I have heard both good and bad about pregnancy with lupus and she is young, so hopefully all will be well. We both had been told that neither of us where able to have kids (due to radiation therapy for me) and we are looking at it as something that is meant to be. So it looks like I need to do some ring shopping Another plus from this is that once we get married she will be covered on my insurance through the V.A. Is their anything I need to be aware of as far as meds or anything else I may not be aware of?

Thanks

Hi Nizzmo!

CONGRATULATIONS on your wife's pregnancy! It sounds like it was meant to be!

I am also really glad that you and your wife went for a second opinion!

Please just know that you, your wife and the growing fetus are in my prayers...

Keep well!

Thanks

She is not my wife yet, but that is something I am planning on correcting very soon. She is at her appt with the obgyn, they really freaked her out about the meds that she has been taking could have caused some damage or issues with the pregnancy. Hopefully all will be ok, but I have a feeling that it won't be that easy.

Thanks

Looks like it was too good to be true. We have to terminate. Does anything ever go right.......

Thanks

Oh Nizzmo, I'm SO sorry! :cry:

Please just know that you and your girlfriend remain in my prayers...

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh No............... I am truly sorry. I know just how you must be feeling. My daughter went through the same thing (she had to terminate one and lost the other). My heart truly goes out to both of you. Please know that you are in our prayers.
    Your devotion and love for her flows through your posts, I want to acknowledge you for both.
    I wish you both the very best. Please stay with us and keep us posted on how you both are doing!

Much Peace
    Saysusie