Hi Everyone.......

I am so glad that I found this place. I am a 31 year old mother of 4 who has SLE with brain involvement, Fibromyalgia, Sjogrens, and Iritable Bowel Syndrome. I have been dx'd with SLE for a little over 3 years now and the other dx's have straggled in since then. I am pretty sure that I have had SLE since I was about 8 though as all the symptoms have been there since then but I was always told that it was "all in my head", that it was "growing pains" or that I was "faking it".

I started going to the Lupus Support meetings in my area but have found it almost impossible to get to them either because of not feeling like making the drive or not being able to find someone to keep the children. (My husband works evening shift so he can't keep them.) The Support meetings helped me soo much though because no matter HOW hard people try to understand they just can not if they have not been there. I have been looking for an online board that seemed to be friendly and open as I have found that many of the boards are not and I finally came upon this one.

I am looking to make friends with people who understand what I am going through and who like to not only discuss the bad things that we go through with Lupus but the good things in life as well.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better.