Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cellcept

Thanks

Hi there,

I've been on Cellcept for about a month now and had back and forth stomach issues until I upped my dairy actually. I am now quite addicted to yogurt in the AM otherwise I have bonding time with the toilet. I'm on 500mg twice a day and it's helping alot with the kidney issues as far as my labs go and all.
    I hope you figure out a balance. Cytoxan sucks from what my doctor told me since it is also connected with hair loss and long term possibilities of infertility.

Thanks

I also had good luck on the Cellcept, but did find I needed to keep something on my stomach to keep from feeling nauseous, or what I call "medicine tummy."

Even now that I"ve been off the Cellcept for around 4 weeks, I still find I'm prone to nausea, especially when I don't eat, but it is not as bad.
    Missy

Thanks

Default Cellcept reponse

I have been on cellcept now for about 1 year. Since then, I have not had any flares. I may have gotten a slight swell here and there but nothing serious. I take 500 mg 4 times daily. I was going to the nephrologist every 3 months. Then every six months and I just went March 8 and he gave me a great report. He only wants me to come and see him once a year. It has helped my kidney nephritis and also no flares. I can truly say that the healing process has taken place. I also use a small dose of prednisone along with the cellcept. Prednisone I use is 10 mg a day. I haven't experienced any diarhhea at all with the cellcept. I am no longer anemic. I just experience a lot of joint stiffness. Peace to all

Thanks

Default cellcept

Hi all, can someone tell me what to expect with this drug? I was prescribed this yesterday but I think I will wait to take it tomorrow so I can see how it affects me, so I dont miss work.
    It could always be worse....live, love & laugh....
    Terri

Thanks

Default Cellcept

Take it. Don't be afraid. While you are taking it say a short prayer of healing. I have been on cellcept for a year. I no side affects from this med. I take 500 mg 4 times daily. It has helped my Lupus and my kidneys. You will see a change. Keep the faith. It is there to help you not harm you.

The only thing I experience with cellcept is nausea but not for the entire time. It goes away. Can't be in the sun with this med.

I hope you take it and all is well. :P

Thanks

I have been on Cellcept scince October, and it dosn't seem to be helping me at all. Lupus has flared bad despite the med.

I have one question. Were you guys told to take it on an empty stomach? I take 1000 mg twice daily. One hour before food or two hours after food. The doctors also started me on it slowly. First 500 mg for a week, then 1000 for a week the so on. I haven't had any stomach issues with it. Hope this can help. Betsy

Thanks

Default Cellcept

I can't express the importance of taking this type of medicine on an empty stomach. I asked my rheumotologist should I snack or eat during taking this medicine and he said you would not get the full affect until you take in on an empty stomach. What I do is take 2 at 7:00 am in the morning before breakfast. It says take it 1 hour before you eat. 3 hours after you eat. I take my next 1 at 3:00 pm and then eat for dinner around 4 or 5 then take another 1 at 9:00 pm at night. It's been very good since I have been taking it. Watch what you eat. It makes a big different. I hope I am some help for you. I also have a prayer life. It helps tremendously.

Thanks

Default Cellcept side effects

Has anyone noticed a sore throat or dry throat with dry cough especially at night. Also I have been having trouble sleeping at night. I am on 1000 mg a day, I take it first thing in the morning, havent had any stomach issues with it.
    It could always be worse....live, love & laugh....
    Terri