Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: how many men are out there

Thanks

Yea check, I am blessed in the fact that I get a lot of understanding from my family, friends and coworkers however there are a lot of time that I am apprehensive. never knowing how you are going to feel from day to day and hour to hour.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scubagramplit
    Yea check, I am blessed in the fact that I get a lot of understanding from my family, friends and coworkers however there are a lot of time that I am apprehensive. never knowing how you are going to feel from day to day and hour to hour.
    Yeh I know that feeling... I am getting support from family and gf but I don't think people really understand what its like....

I don't tell many other people or friends because when they read up on it they feel sorry for u....
    and I don't want that so I just pretend I am fine.... lol

Most of the time that works well I can hide pain and stuff no problem does take it out of u tho.....

What kinda work do u do?
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Thanks

I am a lineman for a local utility, I work as a serviceman which basicly means that I take care of a designated area. I run by myself. it could be a lot worse however in storm situations it sure does take a tolle on me now, I used to be able to go 24/7 for four or five days strait, that aint happnen any more.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello,

I'm Rob, and I'm a Moderator here. Most of the time it's only myself and one or two other guys who are here and active. It's good to see more men become members. I love the ladies here, but sometimes you just have to talk guy talk.

Anyway, I was diagnosed with SLE in 2004, and MS just last year. I used to own my own business. I worked in the field of smallarms design. After the SLE diagnosis the business, fiancee, and most everything else ended. I moved back to my childhood home in Maine to start a new life, and so far so good. I'm on full disability now, and that's OK. I know my limitations.

We do get quite a few men who become members here, but they don't seem to be much for talking, and for whatever reason they don't stick around. It's good to see some new faces here in the mens forum. Welcome to our group, and feel free to hang out, vent, or just B.S. for awhile.

Rob

Thanks

scubagramplit:

yeh I think I know what u mean regarding the whole used to go 24/7 thing I used to be like that..... but no go now....

Glad to hear u are still in a good job tho...
    Sounds like an interesting job too that....

Hey Rob...
    Sorry to hear about your MS too mate, that is a bummer....

Yeh I saw that there are over time loads of new people who after a few post just seem to give up...
    I was browsing the forums for a bit.... :twisted:

I think that a lot of men think that forums like this are not for them...
    I frequent a few offroading forums too and am a stayer on here me thinks.... :P so the forum better get used to the Jug..... lol only joking...

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hey Toby,

Sounds like we have a common interest. I have an 88' Toyota 4wd truck that I have been off roading with for many years now. I went to college in Colorado and have driven just about every high altitude unpaved mountain pass in the state. Lived in Arizona for 15 years and pretty much drove every dirt road there. My Toyota is pretty much stock except for the paint job and the tonneau cover on the back. Added a big brush bumper to the front for tooling around in the bushes.

I'm also into off roading on a small scale with R/C vehicles. I race a 1/6 scale 2wd gas buggy and a 1/8 scale 4wd gas CORR truck at a local track. I'm also into R/C aircraft. Now that we are getting a few more guys here, I'm thinking about posting a topic for us to talk about our respective hobbies and interests. Can't talk about Lupus all the time, it gets depressing! Is the truck in your avatar a Toyota or Nissan? Is there alot of good off-roading to be had in the UK?

Rob

Thanks

Nice...

Yeh it's an '90 pre-facelift 2nd generation Toyota Hilux Surf....
    Japanese import.. the 2.4 TD..... Not a bad truck but pretty broke at the moment.... I love it really.... love the surfs... but I am going to look at a Land Cruiser 2mo ('95 4.2TD Amazon)

I did a lot of offroading in Australia when I lived out there and even more here in the UK..... if u like mud then it deffo is good offroading here..

I love the model ones but have no money at the moment.... but when the cashflow pics up I will be getting myself a nice tamiya....

Good Idea about the new forum/topic.... I agree with u might get more blokes talking too.....

Here is a few pictures of me in the truck......

oh I can't post links yet.....

Thanks

hello all,
    where did you live when you were in australia? i use to be in to the 4wd for years but have moved of them for a bit, still own one but more keen on my fishin at the moment,i want to purchase another rc car as well i think there great fun.
    shane

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by utenutter
    hello all,
    where did you live when you were in australia? i use to be in to the 4wd for years but have moved of them for a bit, still own one but more keen on my fishin at the moment,i want to purchase another rc car as well i think there great fun.
    shane
    I had my home base in Perth and surrounding area...
    seen a lol of the country like but Perth is my home.....I have traveled since I was 16 and never been homesick until I had been to Perth.... Since I left that area.... I know what homesick is....

I drove the 4x4 tours through the Kimberly's....

How come u gave up 4x4?
    Saying that I love fishing too but not been fishing for a long time way to cold here in hte UK

Thanks

hello.
    Well i haven't actually fully given it up,i still get offroad when i can but when i was younger and only just got my licence after that for the next 5 - 8 years i would be offroad any spare time i had, i would be on the way somewhere,home from work,going anywhere i would find some sort off mud to play in, then a little later after that i moved to property and had my own playpen in the back yard and it was great, but now with my kids, they are a little bit worried about offroading so they get scared and makes it harder to get out,untill they get over it we will get back into it, my wife and i were looking to buy a camper trailer by the end of the year so we will hit the sand and trials heavily after that, so it will come back to me for sure, but at the moment when i get a chance i try to get out fishin, i am only a 25min boat trip on a calm day from moreton island and when the fish are there it is great fun.
    so where you born in auatralia? i have realitives that live in the uk i plan on going over there sometime for a visit, never left aussie b4 so it will be good to see that part off the world.

shane.

Teriod if you read this how things mate, hope all is well.