Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: how many men are out there

Thanks

We can be Rob West and Rob East! 8)

It is interesting when I tell people that I have Lupus because half of the time their response is, "Isn't that a woman's disease?" So, I can understand why a lot of guys don't want to talk about it.

So I'm curious with you being in Maine. Does the winter cold aggravate your symptoms? Being in California, the winter temps only get in the mid-30s but I feel more sluggish and get cold real easy. I feel a lot better during the summer with the hot weather. I know that someone posted at one time that it was the opposite for them. I am going to Cancun in August, so we'll see how the temps affect me there.

I had a check up with my rheumy on Friday. She was talking to me about taking DHEA. She said that a lot of Lupus patients who take it say that it helps to reduce their symptoms. She said that it helps with the fatigue. I want to start working out again to get back into shape (especially for cardio). I was thinking of trying it to see if it helps any. Ever heard anything about it?

By the way, the same goes on PM for me.

Thanks

I am 39 and live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and I have SLE.

I don't know any other people that have or have admitted to having Lupus.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi JohnyBGood :lol:

Welcome to our family and to the Men's Forum. I'm sure one of the guys will be in to chat with you here. Just wanted to let you know that you are welcomed to this family where everyone admits to having this disease :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you Saysusie. It's good to know that I am not alone and that I have friends out there that I can ask random questions too and who understand.

I am sure you've seen me around asking questions in other forums on this site.

Thanks

Im 23, had lupus since I was 17, Im from South Africa

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome StuWiw;
    I see that you've already participated in some of the other forums here and that you've met Rob, our moderator. He is a wealth of information from a man's perspective and he is a cherished member of this family. I'm sure that you can call upon him and find that he is always ready and willing to help. Otherwise, every single member of this family is here to help you in any way that we can. I hope that we can help you whenever you need it!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Saysusie

Thank you soo much, I can see that you guys are wonderful. I will surely make more posts here as i have lots of questions.

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

ehhh I have not read through the whole thread but thought I answer to the original question..... :lol:

I am TobyJug a 27 year old male, currently residing in the UK and have lupus amongst some other things.....

Be good to be able to talk to some blokes in the same situation.....
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Thanks

you are right, not to many guys post here, I do a bit of checking through the rest of the site on occasion to see if some topic jumps out at me that I am also having trouble with. welcome.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scubagramplit
    you are right, not to many guys post here, I do a bit of checking through the rest of the site on occasion to see if some topic jumps out at me that I am also having trouble with. welcome.
    mm weird that really that us blokes are not really talking about it..
    specially as mentioned before people understand it less because they think it's a womans decease.... They just think u look fit and healthy..

also being a bloke and a lot of the time not being able to do what u used to or want is not easy.... not easy to do and not easy to explain... (well I just don't explain anything to anyone... ) lol

I wudda thought that wud be a good reason to chat with other people in the same situation......
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..