Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: how many men are out there

Thanks

Hi Kyle,
    Glad you found this site. The members here have helped me a lot more that my doctors have.

A long time ago I got real depressed to the point of no return. I turned to my maker for help. On January 8th 1980 my depression left me for good. Now I just get mad and change the things I can and forget the things I can't change. I can't change the fact that something is wrong but I can surely live the best life I can and enjoy the good days and tell the bad day to go somewhere else. They are not welcome here.

Find something that give you enjoyment and go for it. I have a sailboat that gives me the enjoyment.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Thanks

After reading thorough the whole thread...well, not really, I have come to the conclusion...Geez, this forum needs a Shoutbox.

I'm John, 43 male living in Guadalajara Mexico. Diagnosed recently with APS secondary to Lupus.

Joint pains, Brain fogs, dizzy spells and worst of all, "Pins and Needles".

I am the national sales manager in a company that sells hydraulic, electric and mechanical parts and systems. Which means that I sit at a desk using a computer all day.

Edit: Too bad I'm married. A lupus forum is a great place to meet women...
    Last edited by jfal; 08-08-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    Murphy was an optimist.

O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Law

Thanks

Troy 39 Edmond,Ok dxd 2yrs ago SLE,RA And AS

Thanks

Troy, what medz are you on? Ever hear of infliximab? I was just reading that article the other day. A fellow I work with gets it for his Crohn's...
    Last edited by jmail; 07-08-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Wow! such typing!!

Thanks

Troy, 39 OKC,OK SLE, RA, AS

Thanks

Hi my names chris and just got diagnosed with sle lupus, but im thinking that I have been dealing with it for a long time and I tell you its good to hear from some more guys cause I can't find any around me. Im 27 living in boring Oregon with my wife and my one and half year old daughter
    Last edited by eastman; 09-05-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks

Im 19 years old from Australia with SLE (lupus nephritis). Recently had my third kidney biopsy in 1 year which showed I am experiencing a relapse. Have tried Cellcept, Prednisone, neoral (cyclosporin), however I never seem to remain in control with flares occuring way to often. So im currently recieving an IV infusion of Rituximab over 2 weeks. Two 800mg shots spread over 2 weeks.

Thanks

Just wanted to say hi to every one here. My name is wade, I have been diagnosed(Lupus SLE) for 8 years, during a flare I have about 8 of the symptoms. I am 40 years old. I work road const, Run a hot mix plant. Some of the things i love to do are fishing snowmobileing and four wheeling. I havent been to my dr. in a few years now everything just got to confuseing for me. I have flares all year long, I have been in one now for two weeks. I dont let it slow me down though not saying its not hard to do. I really dont know anyone that has lupus so nice to be able to read what others go through and compare to myself. well that it for now.
    Wade.
    Last edited by wadenvk; 01-18-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks

Greetings Wade, sounds like you are doing good being able to continue working. This all started with me about two years ago, I also was determined to keep working however this disease had other ideas. Where do you live? I also love to snowmobile however I think I am going to have to sell my sled. I physically cannot handle it any more but I love it so much that I still try to ride like I was in good shape. A good recipe for disaster. I only went once this year and it about did me in. It was a blast though:~}
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

Thanks for the greet scubagramplit. I live in northern Minnesota. We ride quite often lot of snow here, I really hate to see the road that lupus can take a person, I am very thankfull that I still work and can do the enjoyable things also, and I know that the time may come that I will not be able to. I have high hopes that it wont get that bad but we will see. Again thanks for the greet and it is nice to meet you.
    Wade.