Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: how many men are out there

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Toby,

It's funny that you mentioned Tamiya. I'm working on two different Tamiya kits right now. One is the new 1/10 scale Toyota Hilux. It has a very realistic ladder frame, oil shocks, low and hi range 3 speed manual transmission, and the coolest part, you can lock the front and rear differentials remotely on the fly. It has an led light package as well. Fun stuff. The other is a 1/16 scale R/C Leopard Tank with full sound package, gun recoil, engine sound, the works.

Tamiya products are pricey, but they are the best, and worth every penny. Anyway, I hope all is well on your side of the pond. I see you have snow. Rather unusual to see that. Talk to you later.

Rob

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

hey guys...

nope not born in Aussie I am from Holland actually....
    But when I went to Australia I felt home...

I love the fishing over there.... I did a lot of fishing in the Kimberly's during the trips..... DINNER.... :lol:
    The whole of Europe is not great at the moment mate stay in Aussie... lol

Hey Rob, nice.... I am going to board out the loft soon so that I can have a little place to hide lol my pc's, Ham Radio's and sticker machine are going to be up there and thinking of starting a Land Cruiser and Hilux Tamiya kit then.... :P
    Leopard tank ay... nice..

Yeh some snow here but not to much on this side of the country I am in...
    We had some but not to much.....
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Thanks

Talking

yo I am still around, which is my answer to the original question, having a few problems with lupus, appears that I am building up scar tissue in my abdomen and rapidly losing muscle mass.
    Lupus related? no idea.

Can see an end to my working life so have started importing products from china to sell on ebay, looking good apart from a few people I purchased from who think they can bs you but I have found a few reliable suppliers, so when the wheels fall off my working life a have something to fall back on, only takes a couple of hours a week so don't have to sit here for to long.
    Will start to check in more often if there are people to speak with on this forum.
    cheers to you all.

rat
    Rat from oz

Thanks

I am new to this forum. I am 39 years old in bayarea california. I was diagnosed 12 years ago with SLE. I been through all drugs so far. Has anyone tried MIRAC?
    And reply to rat's post, recently I been losing muscle mask and weird stomach issues.

Thanks

Hello Ssingh,

I'm Rob, I'm 41 and I live in Maine. I was diagnosed with SLE five years ago. I'm not familiar with MIRAC. I assume it's an acronym for either a condition or treatment? Anyway, make yourself at home, and don't be afraid to jump into the conversation. Most of the talk here happens in the area called "Lauri's Lounge". Welcome to our group.

Rob

Thanks

Hi Rob,
    thanks, here is what I am talking about MIRAC
    check this site out "lupusremedy"

I like discusss what I have tried so far and what worked best me or for some one else. By the way I have one sister with LUPUS as well.

Thanks

Ssingh,

I did a little reading about this product called MIRAC. The manufacturer wanted to post ad's for Mirac on the Lupus Foundation of America website. The LFA medical council did a study on the product and denied the request for the ad. The council came to the conclusion that there is absolutely no scientific evidence whatsoever supporting any of the manufacturers claims as to what this product is supposed to do.

Also, the manufacturers website says MIRAC stops, or "attacks" the cause of Lupus. Since nobody knows what causes Lupus, that statement in itself is very misleading, and untrue. This stuff is just the same old snake oil, with a different name and label. I'd steer clear of the stuff.

Rob

Thanks

Rob
    I am currently on Prednisone, Cellcept, Plaqunil and few months back I had IV Cytoxan. Luckily So far none of my organ are involved but severe Fatigure, weakness, weight loss, arithritus, Malar Rash few other things... Any advice? I like to discuss Anti double standard DNa test. I always high on that but ESR is arround 2. as you know not many men have lupus, what were or are your symptoms and what medications or such if you like to discuss. I have family history as you do and about the same age. I like to send you PM with more detail if u OK it. I like to find how SLE behaves in MEN. I was told it is worse in MEN as symptom wise.
    Last edited by ssingh; 02-20-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks

Hi Ssingh,

If there's anything you want to talk about away from the public boards, you can certainly PM me anytime. I'd like to discuss the technical stuff you mentioned, but right now I can't think clearly or remember very well. Brain fog has me bogged down right now. Hopefully it will lift soon.

Rob

Thanks

thanks, I will PM you. Brain fog sought of weired feeling hard to explain sometimes fear kind of uneasy feeling has been lately been my problem along with fatigue and muscle pain and somejoint and weight loss. I feel just it is not me. My backround is quite technical(engg.) I have the best doctor available in bayaream, Prednisone 7.5, cellcept 2000, plaqunil 400.