Thread: chapped lips!!

Thanks

Default chapped lips!!

Ok it seems like every winter i get the worst dry skin and the worst chapped lips, it is actually painful. My lips are so bad that it's spread around the outside of my lips which makes me look like i missed my mouth with my lipstick lol. Any suggestions on what kind of chapstick or whatever to use, because it seems like when I use blistex it only made it worse. Thanx!

Misty

Thanks

hi mistyrae! that may not be a luppie thing, but also surely a weather thing. our locally famous tv/radio doctor just did a piece on this a few days ago - "chapstick/lip balm addiction". the more we have on and the often we put it on, the more we lick, making them even drier!

im the type that cant live without my balm!! i have several everywhere because it seems like yours. anyway, i thought i test the doc's (dr. dean edell in teh san francisco bay area) theory, and low and behold, he's more than a bit right! theres a transition period and i felt like my lips where going to crack off. the trick is to not pick/peel at them while this is happing. just leave them alone!. it'll get better!

hope this helps ???
    be well

Thanks

Mistyrae, if you have autoimmune problems, any unusual dryness could indicate something like Sjogren's Syndrome. Dry eyes, dry mouth, dry skin. Obviously, evenone who has these things doesn't have Sjogren's Syndrome, but since you already have an autoimmune condition, it's possible and it might be worth asking your rheumatologist. Otherwise, Angela's advice sounds pretty good to me!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

hello

when you get capped lips do you find that when you apply stuff the corners dont heal they stay cracked open and every time you open your mouth they crack open and they dont heal easy

shane

Thanks

yes sweetie, the corners take longer..sorry! they will get better, im on the tail end of a "chapped lipe rowe". hang in there...