Thread: A newbie

Thanks

Default A newbie

Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm from Arkansas. I hope I'm in the right place, I don't have SLE, but have been diagnosed with SCLE. The rashes and symptoms started a year ago last August, 2002 and I was diagnosed a year ago this coming February. It took my dermatologists that long to find out what was wrong, before he did a biopsy. I haven't had a rash in a few months now, but my joints have started to ache more and I'm definitely feeling more fatigue than normal. I really need to find a rheumy doctor around here and I have some leads, but just haven't had the guts to go to one yet. I think I'm worried about what they will say, more than anything.

Well, just wanted to introduce myself to you all. Seems like when you talk with people that have the same disease that you got, life seems a little bit easier.

Btw, is there a chatroom here?

Hope to be able to talk with some of you soon....

~AngelDream

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi AngelDream;
    Welcome to our forum :lol:
    When you say that you have SCLE - do you have sub-cutaneous Lupus or Multiple Sclerosis with Lupus?
    We are here to help you with issues of this disease, to offer you support and comfort and to be a place where you can talk about your feelings, your symptoms and anything else that you would like to discuss.
    Once again, welcome!!! I hope that we can be of some help to you

Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Saysusie!

Thank you SO much for the warm welcome! I have SCLE sub-cutaneous Lupus, or that's what they say, but I have a friend that has had it for 10 years, and her spots or rashes look different than mine. She tells me that she didn't have any itching with hers, but I sure do, especially when it flares up.

Like I said before too, my joints have started to ache much worse now, but I take Calcium 600mg and that seems to help just a little, but not much.

I think I'm really gonna like it here....it's nice to have a place like this to come to where people aren't judgemental of you with this disease.

Love,
    Lisa
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there....~George Harrison~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Angel Dream;
    You are more than welcome here. We understand the prejudice and the dismissive attitudes that others have about our disease. We hope that you will find it easy to talk to us here and know that we are here to help you in any way that we can :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hello,

My name is Veronica I was diagnosed with SLE (lupus) at age 12 and since then I have gotten everything that comes with this lovely disease...and well like I say better me then someone else...on top of the fact that I can not get Medical Insurance Help from Florida or Minnesota which have denied me twice ..Grrr I still have a smile on my face and live on what can I do I am glad I found this site to help others and get helped hope I make some great friends here ...I am now going through the rash on my face and arms and ears and scalp ...but I thank god for everything he gives me nice meeting you all hope to talk to you soon
    Buh Bye ops:
    Veronica
    God Bless

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Veronica and welcome to our site :lol:
    I hope that we can provide emotional support and be a place where you can talk about your concerns!
    We are here to help in any way that we can!

Saysusie

Thanks

Default hello friends

Im new here and would just like to say how pleased i am that i have found ppl i can share my problems with lupus with!
    I have sle and have done for the past 7 years.Im just coming to terms with it after all thistime!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Bridgette:
    Welcome to our little community. I hope that you are able to find comfort and support here!!!
    That is the primary purpose of this forum :lol:
    We are here for you......You are not alone

Saysusie