Thread: cists,peeling skin

Thanks

Default cists,peeling skin

i was just wondering, i get alot of cist on my chest,back and lately my skin on my fingers keep peeling, has anyone had this as a syptom before?

Thanks

Default cysts

I have cysts on my chest, wrist and tongue. I had one removed and it was benign so I'm assuming the rest are too.

I talked with a nurse who has Lupus and she said that she had lots of cysts in her body, her lungs, kidneys, as well as some just under her skin.
    She said her rheumy told her it was just part of the Lupus package.

Thanks

no cysts but peeling fingers and cuticles, cuticles are also bright red and sore. My fingers look awful like I've never used lotion or had a manicure in my life. Nothing I do fixes it.
    For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks

Ditto on the peeling skin on fingers - my doctor says it's caused by the lupus and probably has more to do with poor circulation than dry or fragile skin. I have the best luck with a product called Anastasia Diabetic Hand Creme, which usually heals it up within a couple of days. But be sure to check with your doctor because peeling skin on your fingers could be a sign of an underlying skin infection, and it can also be an early warning symptom of diabetes.

Thanks

thanks again,

you truly are a book of knowledge are you marycain

shane

Thanks

I have had just a couple bengn cysts, but definitely get the cracked, dry skin on my hands, and my cuticles look horrible. It's been this way for me for a long time. Right now my lips are so chapped they just hurt all the time.

It gets much better for me in the summer, so I'm looking forward to spring. The 4 inches of snow we had on March 1st isn't keeping me optimistic, though!
    Missy

Thanks

We had a couple of beautiful spring-y days and I was getting really excited thinking the groundhog finally got it right. Then this weekend it's back to the bone chilling cold rain - yuck.

Thanks

thanks again,

i still can't get the grips on the type of lupus i have , cause i have had the worst doctors and i know alot of other people have had the same trouble they have diagnosed me with lupus but thats is it after reading there seems to be variety of types.
    i have had the rash on my face for the last 3 1/2 to 4 years with probably 70% of that time it covering 50% of my face. i experience times of no energy feeling totally sick, i have a couple of bald spots forming on my head, i have had trouble with my bowels since 1989, cist on chest and back since around the same as the bowels trouble, around 1994 i was have alot of liver problems and which i understand now brain fogs there is probably a couple of other symtoms but minor one that dont come straight to mind.

when i was diagnosed my dermatologist took a skin biospy of my face and comfirm lupus, than ran bloods and urine and everything came back reasonably normal bar more fat than normal in my blood.

as i say i am still abit confused as to which i have or what it can turn in to. over time i am realising that i am quite photosensitive.

thank you for your support

shane.