Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm a new Member

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hi, I'm a new Member

Hello, My name is Michelea. I am a 26 yr old mother of 3. I was diagnosed with Lupus in Jan of 06. I got preg in Feb of 06 and had my daughter in Oct of 06. She was 5 weeks premature. I was on several medications while preg. and threated to miscarry several times. Thank God, that she made it. My fiance' has a difficlut time understanding what I am going through. The meomry problems, the fatigue, and just the pain period. I am so fustrated with trying to explain this to him over and over. He was there when I was diagnosed, he has read all of the pamphlets, and the dr's have told him what I would be facing. But I still cant get him to understand what I am going through. If anyone else is going through this, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Thanks

Welcome!!

I'm sorry that it's been hard for your partner to understand what you're facing. But, at least, that's what we're here for!!!!

A lot of partners go through denial and some stages of grief. Counseling can be helpful - it was for my husband and I. Even though my honey is very supportive, he;ll still make denial statements every once in a while, and I can't expect that he'll ever be able to fully understand.

That's why this forum is so helpful to me and I hope it will be to you, too!
    Missy

Thanks

Thank you so much. I could really use some support right now. Especially with a fussy 4 month old, a rambunctious 3 yr. old, and a 5 month old in school. I am having a falre up right now and things are really rough.

Thanks

Hi Michelea_m!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm so glad that you found us!

Please just remember that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I'm SO sorry that you are going through such a hard time :cry:, but please know that we are all here to support you!

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Michaela, maybe it's time to share "the spoon theory" with your fiancee so he can understand what it's like to live with a chronic illness. Here is a website where you can go for more information on "spoons" - it can be a real eye opener for your friends and family.

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/20...oon_theory.php

Thanks

Thank you soo much. I will try it and see how it goes!!!

Thanks

Hi,
    I'm brandy I'm 32 i've had lupus for yrs. just glad someone knows what lupus is and has even heard of it.I dont usally complain about it or having it (except the drs.)whats anyone else going to do.anyways hi.

Thanks

Hi Brandy!
    Missy

Thanks

hello

Thanks

Hello, well, I usually don't complain, but sometimes I have to make it known with my fiance' because, I have to let him know that the reason I am extreamly tired or why my jonits hurt so badly. I don't really complain, I just Pray!!! Makes me feel better.