Thread: Who (or What) is a Blessing to You?

Thanks

Default Who (or What) is a Blessing to You?

I was thinking today that I am very lucky - very blessed. My husband really looks out for me, even when I don't always look out for myself. (I sometimes call him the "lupus gestapo" because he lets me know if I'm doing something I shouldn't!) He goes with me to doctor's appointments, when he can, and takes notes. He hasn't always been very domestic, but he's learning and I would say even learning to enjoy it. He's attentive and lets me know that he cares - a lot more than he used to. I know sometimes he's scared, but he tries not to show it. And he tells me that he prays for me every night. So, this is my thought: we should share some of our blessings on this forum. It's important to recognize that we have them, right?

Who (or What) is a blessing to YOU?

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

thanks for this mnjodette! you are a blessed woman! isn't it wonderful to have someone like that in you life? just as you, i'm so fortunate enough to have a wonderful hubby ( he has his knucklehead moments! :lol: )who's just like yours, only i call mine worse names :lol: !! in addition to policing me, he takes exceptional care of our little 5 year old ladybug too. taking her to school, making her lunch, combing hair, bathes, arts and crafts..... he's the only girl scout daisy dad!! i feel just awful and guilty at times about my situation for both of them. but yet, they really keep me going. they are my reason for fighting. my little ladybug is pretty good about it though. we make no big deal about it, so she doesn't, and we try hard to make it fun believe it or not! heck she learned to count using my medication! 'mommy, there's only 4 pills here, shouldn't there be 6?' :lol:

at times i feel i don't deserve him because he can be so great. we're just coming out of a tough patch where i had a seizure and fell down the stairs on our 9th anniversary in october 2006. i was in the hospital for about 4 or 5 weeks, and am suffering short term memory loss, brain injury, a significant decrease in mobility (from cane to walker and wheelchair, no driving anymore-at least for now, i'm pretty stubborn :roll: ), more than your usual aphasia, and my speech. things have gotten so much better, but i'm no where close to being back to the way i was before the fall, and even that was a challenge!

poeple tell me that i am an inspriation to them because of my attitude and spirit. no, i just look at dear hubby or ladybug and find the strength and will to get going. i can't let them down!

IM BLESSED! SO , SO BLESSED!

thanks for giving me the opportunity to share! be well

Thanks

What a wonderful tribute to your family, Angela. And, you ARE an inspiration - thanks for sharing.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

I'm thankful for grace, mercy, forgiveness, second-chances, family, friends, learning that accepting whose I am is much more important than what I do; and that living with an attitude of gratitude makes this journey so much more enjoyable.

All my love to you, friends.
    Forever Always Thankful
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

amen browneyed girl :!: