Thread: Hi

Thanks

Default Hi

Hi. My name is Brittni, I'll be 16 at the end of march and I was diagnosed with Lupus in October of '06. I'm looking to talk to people who have been living normal lives with the diease because although my doctor says its possible, i'm doubtful. I just don't want this thing to control my life. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks

hi there britini! welcome! i'm this is a lot for you to chew on and digest, and i'm not very eloquent :lol: but just know that all of us here will help you to figue it out sweetie i'm sure you're anxious, scared, and probably mad too and that just fine. go right on ahead and be all of those things, especially here!

my name is angela and ask as many questions as you like sweetheart.

be well

Thanks

Default Thanks

Thank you Angela for writing back. It's a comforting feeling to know that there are people I can talk to outside of my doctor's office.

Thanks

Brittini, there are a lot of people on this forum - from young to old and everything in between. Angela is right - ask anything you feel like asking. There are no 'silly questions' and you can cry, laugh, be angry, be scared, whatever you need to. That's what we're all here for. Every one of us is living with lupus, just like you. We don't all have the same kind of symptoms, but we all understand what it's like to have a disease that doesn't go away. YES, you may be able to live a pretty normal life with lupus - there are many here who have gone into 'remission' for long periods of time. You need to listen to your doctor (hope you have a good one!) and take your meds. Then you have a better chance of managing your disease. I'm still learning how to do that. I was pretty old to be diagnosed with lupus (55) but I'm learning that I've probably lived with the disease for years and years...just didn't know it.

There are some pretty great people on this forum, and some have a wealth of knowledge. You'll get answers, and more importantly, you'll get support. Welcome, Brittini.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hi Brittni!

I like to think I'm pretty normal :lol: but, who knows!

I'm 29 and have been diagnosed with Lupus for 3 years, but I'm sure I had it long before I was diagnosed! I even had kidney problems. I'm married and hope to adopt some kids in the future. I went to college, studied in Mexico, got married to a great guy, and love to travel! I sometimes have to rest a bit, but I work part-time and have a dog. I really have a great time in my life and am happy.

My theory is that you can do anything you want to with Lupus - it might not be exactly done the way everyone else is able all the time, an it might not be exactly how you had pictured it, but life can still be great!
    Missy

Thanks

Hi Brittni!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm really glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I'm sixteen and will be seventeen in September, so our ages are pretty similar!

Keep well and God bless!