Thread: Signs of a flare-up?

Thanks

Default Signs of a flare-up?

Hello everybody,

I've been having these symptoms for 2 days, and I'm worried this may be the start of a flare-up. I've been okay for almost 3 years now.
    - General feeling of tiredness (as if I'm going to faint)
    - Weakness
    - Loss of appetite
    - A throbbing feeling in my eyes
    - Fever of 37.7-38 degrees celsius (slightly higher at night)

What lab tests will my nephrologist ask me to do to rule out the possibility of lupus activity? In the past 3 years I have never experienced these symptoms all together. I suspect sunlight to have partially triggered these symptoms, as well as emotional stress and a throat infection for which I have not taken any antibiotic.
    I'm wondering what photosensitivity causes, as I live in a hot country but never had a reaction to sunlight before.

I would appreciate any input from you, I'm really worried and I can't afford spending a month in hospital, I'm a university student.

Thanks in advance!! Dina
    I was diagnosed with lupus nephritis, confirmed by bloodwork and kidney biopsy, and mild lupus cerebritis (epileptiform) in June 2004.
    Medications: CellCept, Prednisone; Phenytoin; Lipitor; Zestril, Norvasc; Aranesp (darbepoetin alfa).

Thanks

Default sounds familiar

Hi Dina
    My lupus came on with those symptoms plus a rash and joint problems. I didn't know I had lupus at the time though so maybe you can get lots of rest and prevent things from spiralling. I am so sorry you are going through this. I remember that fainting, weak feeling well. Maybe you could also have your b12 and iron tested. Mine have been low on and off and I think it contributes. Hopefully if this is a flare, you will get through it quickly. all the best, get well soon
    Karen

Thanks

Thanks for your input. Well, as it turned out it was all because of an infection, a sore throat.
    I continued having fevers and lost consciousness and had convulsions (in the bathroom -- so embarrassing) last week and got strong antibiotic treatment. I'm okay now but I've learnt never to overlook any symptoms again, especially fever. It seems that when we have infections it's different from people who do not have lupus.
    I was diagnosed with lupus nephritis, confirmed by bloodwork and kidney biopsy, and mild lupus cerebritis (epileptiform) in June 2004.
    Medications: CellCept, Prednisone; Phenytoin; Lipitor; Zestril, Norvasc; Aranesp (darbepoetin alfa).

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh yes...a fever for us is usually an indication that something is amiss. Particularly if it is a high fever. Also, we can never dismiss or overlook any kind of infection or virus. I did several years ago and ended up having an extended stay in the hospital with all kinds of repercussions :?
    With Lupus, we should take nothing for granted and we should never feel that we can just treat it on our own or just wait it out!!
    I am so happy that you are doing better!! Please continue to take very good care of yourself!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie