Thread: Naproxen, Advil and lupus

Thanks

Default Naproxen, Advil and lupus

My rhumy put me on Naproxen and Plaquenil. I can't start the plaquenil until I go to see an eye dr. but I have started the Naproxen. I get really bad migraines and my rhumy told me to stop taking advil because advil in lupus patients can cause hepatitis and/or menengitis...so I stopped immidiately, and I haven't had a migraine since starting the Naproxen, but I was just wondering if any of you experience migraines and if the Naproxen helps. If not what do you use...I'm trying to be hindsight with this! thanks in advance!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I experience numerous migraines that my doctor has described as "Lupus Migraines". I do not use Naproxen, however. I am happy that your migraines have ceased. :lol:

Saysusie

Thanks

I use imitrex for my migraines. I can't take anything with Ibuprofen because one of my Lupus symptoms is a low platelet count. This can actually be caused/contributed to by Ibuprofen, so I have to stick to acetaminophen products. I've taken Excedrin Migraine for the migraines, the only problem is you can only take two in a twenty four hour period and I find that the headache comes back before I can take anymore medicine. The good thing is, it really does seem to eliminate the symptoms pretty quickly while it lasts (usually around 16-18 hours)

The imitrex which you take at the first sign of a migraine seems to stop my migraine symptoms, but does leave me with the mild headache I have all the time.
    AB