Thread: pain

Thanks

Default pain

First off thanks for all the responses to my first post. Knowing I have a group like this to go to now with questions really puts me at ease. I would like to know how many Lupus suffers need to take pain meds often. I have had Gastric Bypass surgery 7 years ago and can not take medicine from the Ansaid family, nor can I take aspirin products. So for my severe leg aches that pretty much occur daily I've been given Vicodin ES and have tried Tramadol. Are others stuck taking narcotic pain meds more frequently than they would like just for some relief?
    Kimberly Aird

Thanks

I think my pain may be moderate compared to others. I just take Ibuprofen pain relief. As I know that I'll be stuck with the pain for life, I try to only take it when it's really bad. I don't want to be shoving drugs into my body to often.

cheers
    LJ

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have Fibromyalgia (along with SLE and a host of other complaints) and the muscle pain from that is pretty much a constant thing. I take muscle relaxers. However, there has been a lot of talk about a new drug called "Pregabalin" for the pain. Marycain suggested it to me and I am going to discuss it with my doctor at my next appointment in March. Everything that I've read about it says that it works wonders for the pain of Fibromyalgia. However, it is also being prescribed for other types of pain - I am not sure if your pain fits, but it might be worth a try to ask your doctor about it. It is primarily used for neuropathic pain!!

Saysusie

Thanks

Default thankyou

Thank you for the great information. I too take two different kinds of muscle relaxers to help with the muscle problems. The one I take befor bed has really helped me obtain a good night sleep it is called Flexeril. My doctor rather confidently said I do not have fibromyalgia. I told myself befor my appointment that I didn't need a diagnosis I just wanted to be treated and get some relief from my symptoms, however after not really obtaining a label for my symptoms I do feel like I'm left hanging.
    Kimberly Aird

Thanks

I know how you feel when you say you feel like you're left hanging. I lived with lupis for about 4 or 5 years before my current doctor told me he wasn't at all sure if I had lupus. I thought it woulnd't worry me - but it does.